The IRB Handbook is available in the three IRB official languages (English, French and Spanish) and includes:
- information about the IRB;
- the IRB Bye-Laws;
- the IRB Regulations Relating to the Game
- the IRB General Regulations;
- and the IRB Tours Agreement
Please note the IRB Handbook is updated biannually (3rd of January and 3rd of June) to incorporate any amendment as approved by the IRB Council.
"The International Rugby Board" (IRB) is the association of national Rugby Unions or Associations in membership of the Board.
The Board is designed to:
- Promote, foster, develop, extend and govern the Game of Rugby Union Football.
- Frame and interpret the Bye-Laws, Regulations and Laws of the Game.
- Decide and/or settle all matters or disputes relating to or arising out of the playing of or the proposed playing of the game or a match.
- Control all matters related to tours of National Representative Teams.
The affairs of the Board are managed and controlled by Council. Twelve Unions and six Regional Associations comprise the IRB.
Council meets twice every year and is the supreme legislator of the Game.
The Officers of the Council shall be a Chairman (Bernard Lapasset) and a Vice Chairman (Oregan Hoskins). The Permanent Officer is the Chief Executive Officer (Brett Gosper).