IRB Strategic Plans
IRB Strategic Plans
Download the IRB Women's Rugby Plan
Download the IRB Rugby Sevens Plan
IRB Strategic plan summary
Rugby is currently experiencing unprecedented global growth, popularity and interest. There are now over 3.5 million men, women and children playing the Game worldwide while the Rugby family continues to expand with 117 Unions in Membership of the International Rugby Board.
At the very heart of this growth was the groundbreaking 2004 IRB Strategic Plan. For the first time the Game’s governing body had a blueprint for growth that would enable the sport to be truly global and reach out to new audiences and participants around the world while maintaining the values that bind the Sport together.
Central to the Plan was the mission to create an environment in which the IRB and its Member Unions could flourish in developing and expanding the Game globally. Seven years on, unprecedented strategic investment, a record-breaking Rugby World Cup and Rugby’s return to the Olympic Games are testament to the direction and vision that the 2004 Strategic Plan has given the IRB.
The new seven-goal 2010-2020 Strategic Plan has been developed with the collaboration of IRB Member Unions, Regional Associations, Elected Members and IRB staff and seeks to balance the needs of all Rugby stakeholders.
It spells out our vision and values, our goals and our strategies for achieving them and provides a roadmap leading up to Rugby World Cup 2019 and beyond to grow the global Rugby family beyond the traditional strongholds for the Sport.
It also refocuses our activities and will help us make important investment decisions based on strategic considerations, while ensuring that the major Unions can continue to flourish and are able to provide the showcase that, in the long term, will benefit t everyone in Rugby.
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile
- 31 August - Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour - South Africa
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career
- 24 August - (FUN) England's Women talk about what makes them tick