IRB Hall of Fame
Five new inductees were admitted into the IRB Hall of Fame at the 2007 IRB Awards ceremony in Paris on Sunday 21 October.
They are Pierre de Coubertin (19th century), Wilson Whineary, Dr Danie Craven, Gareth Edwards (all 20th century) and John Eales (21st century).
The announcement follows a public vote and the deliberations of the Hall of Fame Induction Panel, chaired by the IRB Chairman Dr Syd Millar.
The on-line public voting process for the second IRB Hall of Fame induction closed at the end of August. This followed the publication on www.irb.com of candidates selected by the IRB Hall of Fame Secretariat for possible induction from the 19th century, 20th century and 21st century. Members of the public were also free to nominate candidates for possible induction.
The IRB Hall of Fame Induction Panel comprises: Gerald Davies, Nigel Starmer-Smith, Henri Garcia, Don Cameron and Pablo Mamone. Chairman, IRB Chairman Dr Syd Millar. Panel secretary Chris Thau, IRB Archivist.
- 30 September - Richard Hill on the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final
- 29 September - Russia's Vasily Artemyev on the first leg of their RWC qualifier against Uruguay
- 29 September - Conrad Smith on his career
- 28 September - Jean de Villiers 'Tackle These'
- 27 September - Sam Warburton 'Tackle These'
- 26 September - Uruguay captain Nicholas Klappenbach
- 26 September - (RWC Memory) Jonny Wilkinson 2003 drop-goal
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 24 September - Jean de Villiers on life on and off the pitch
- 24 September - Matthew Rees on battling cancer