IRB Hall of Fame
The first induction ceremony into the IRB Hall of Fame – the virtual gallery of the personalities who made rugby one of the leading sports of the 21st Century – was held in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2006.
The main objective of the IRB Hall of Fame, not unlike similar institutions in other walks of life, is to preserve the heritage and cultural identity of rugby, by celebrating the Game’s heroes and their achievements.
To find out more about them and the strands of the story that entwine to form the very birth of Rugby, click on one of the links below.
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career
- 24 August - (FUN) England's Women talk about what makes them tick
- 23 August - Rugby World Cup volunteers feature
- 22 August - A round-up of the action at the Youth Olympic Games in China
- 22 August - A report looking back on the Women's Rugby World Cup
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 20 August - England's Maggie Alphonsi and Emily Scarratt on winning the Women's Rugby World Cup
- 20 August - Heather Moyse on the Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing
- 20 August - An emotional Dom du Toit on Australia's victory at the Youth Olympic Games