IRB Hall of Fame
The first induction ceremony into the IRB Hall of Fame – the virtual gallery of the personalities who made rugby one of the leading sports of the 21st Century – was held in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2006.
The main objective of the IRB Hall of Fame, not unlike similar institutions in other walks of life, is to preserve the heritage and cultural identity of rugby, by celebrating the Game’s heroes and their achievements.
To find out more about them and the strands of the story that entwine to form the very birth of Rugby, click on one of the links below.
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 01 October - Avan Lee, IRB General Manager for sevens on the upcoming Sevens World Series
- 01 October - Andrea Masi profile
- 30 September - Richard Hill on the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final
- 29 September - Russia's Vasily Artemyev on the first leg of their RWC qualifier against Uruguay
- 29 September - Conrad Smith on his career
- 28 September - Jean de Villiers 'Tackle These'
- 27 September - Sam Warburton 'Tackle These'
- 26 September - Uruguay captain Nicholas Klappenbach
- 26 September - (RWC Memory) Jonny Wilkinson 2003 drop-goal