IRB Nations Cup
The International Rugby Board has announced the Match Official appointments for the opening round of the IRB Nations Cup which is being played in Bucharest, Romania on June 10.
Pascal Gauzere (France) will take charge of his third Test match when he referees hosts Romania versus Namibia in the opening match of the tournament at 17:00.
Fellow Frenchman Jerome Garces will take charge of Georgia versus South African Kings in the second match at 1900, while Andrew Small (England) will officiate the final match of the day when Argentina Jaguars take on Portugal at 21:00.
The Referees will be supported by Assistant Referees Ingio Atorrasagasti (Spain), Andrew McMaster (Canada) and two yet to be appointed selections from France.
IRB Referees Manager Paddy O’Brien: “The IRB Nations Cup is a high level international tournament that performs a key role in our Match Official programme.”
“Not only does it provide our Referees with Test Rugby exposure, it also allows us to continue to develop up and coming talent as Assistant Referees.”
All matches will be played at the Arcul de Triumf stadium with the tournament serving as a key Rugby World Cup 2011 preparation platform for the participating Unions.
Romania v Namibia
Referee: Pascal Gauzere (France)
Assistant Referees: Andrew McMaster (Canada), Inigo Atorrasagasti
Georgia v African Kings
Referee: Jerome Garces (France)
Assistant Referees: Inigo Atorrasagasti (Spain), TBA (France)
Argentina Jaguars v Portugal
Referee: Andrew Small
Assistant Referees: Andrew McMaster (Canada), TBA (France)
- 31 October - Lewis Moody looks ahead to the November internationals
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 28 October - Rugby in Hawaii
- 27 October - Rugby World Cup Memory - France v New Zealand 1999 semi-final
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens