The International Rugby Board has confirmed a change to the
Match Official panel for Saturday's Tri Nations match between
New Zealand and Australia.
Cobus Wessels (South Africa) has been replaced by Keith Brown (New Zealand) as Assistant Referee for the top of the table clash in Christchurch.
Wessels, who will now perform the role of Television Match Official, has been stood down as Assistant Referee 2 following a routine review of match official performance in last weekend's Tri Nations match in Melbourne.
The appointment of a replacement Assistant Referee from the Host Union is owing to the logistical and preparation pressures of selecting a neutral official for Saturday's match and will not be a precedent for future appointments.
The change has also been approved by SANZAR.
- Friday 24 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Leeds set for clash of continents
- Friday 24 October 2014 -
Australia Sevens stars land top awards
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Euro hosts Portugal prepare for JWRT 2015
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Awards
Ray Williams wins prestigious IRB Award
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Record demand for RWC 2015 tickets
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership