The International Rugby Board has announced the Match Official appointments for the schedule of international matches to be played between 30 October and 4 December, 2010.
The appointments were made by the IRB Match Official Selection Committee at its meeting in Dublin last weekend after a comprehensive review of international referee, assistant referee and television match official performances during the June internationals and recent Tri Nations.
The IRB International Referee Panel features the return of Steve Walsh (Australia) after a two-year absence. Walsh will referee his first Tier One match since February 2008 when Wales play host to South Africa at the Millennium Stadium on 13 November.
There is also an addition to the IRB Assistant Referee Panel with Argentina’s Francisco Pastrana included having graduated from this year’s IRB Junior World Championship in Argentina.
Ireland’s Alain Rolland will kick off the busy period of matches as New Zealand take on Australia in the fourth Bledisloe Cup match in Hong Kong on 30 October. The Rugby World Cup 2007 Final Referee will also take charge of the final match of the Rugby World Cup 2011 Qualification process as Romania play host to Uruguay in Bucharest on 27 November.
“It is good to see Steve Walsh return to the International Referee Panel, while we are delighted to welcome Francisco Pastrana to the Assistant Referee Panel, having performed so well at the IRB Junior World Championship in Argentina this year,” said IRB Referee Manager Paddy O’Brien.
"Both have impressed the selectors and deserve their reward, and Pastrana’s selection reinforces the continued role of the development pathway created via the IRB Age Grade Championships and Sevens World Series in preparing referees for the Test arena.”
- Thursday 31 July 2014 -
Opening day of Women's RWC almost sold out
- Thursday 31 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Uruguay host Hong Kong in World Cup showdown
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Krasnoyarsk, the heartbeat of Russian rugby
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Captains' excitement as WRWC2014 gets closer
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - HSBC Sevens
Golden Blitzboks turn attention to Series
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 30 July - South Africa's Warren Whiteley on winning Gold in Glasgow
- 30 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on the extraordinary 1995 World Cup
- 29 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on his early obsession with rugby
- 28 July - Hong Kong's Dai Rees and first, Zimbabwe's Liam Middleton on the repechage
- 28 July - Pablo Lemoine on future of rugby in Uruguay
- 25 July - Barbados prepare for Commonwealth Games in Sutton Coldfield
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia