The IRB Pacific Rugby Cup will on Monday continue the support shown on the weekend by teams in Super Rugby and the RBS Six Nations for those affected by the recent earthquake in Christchurch.
All SANZAR nations stood as one during the second round of the Super Rugby competition to show their support following Tuesday’s devastating earthquake and the Crusaders decision not to play their scheduled Super Rugby match against the Hurricanes on Saturday night. The game was called a draw with both teams sharing two points.
The global Rugby family also united in support with a minute's silence held before the Six Nations matches in Rome, London and Edinburgh, together with the Japan Cup final in Tokyo over the weekend.
Tonight, prior to the final three IRB Pacific Rugby Cup matches in Australia, a minute's silence will also be observed to remember those who lost their life as a result of the devastating earthquake.
As a mark of respect, players from the QAS Reds Academy, Junior Waratahs, Brumby Runners, Tonga A, Samoa A and Fiji Warriors will wear black and red arm-bands to acknowledge those affected in the Christchurch area.
Following these IRB Pacific Rugby Cup matches, the last scheduled on Australian soil, the three Pacific Island teams will make their way to New Zealand where they will take on the Crusader Knights, a Chiefs Development XV and a Hurricanes Development XV between Friday 4 March and Monday 14 March.
- Wednesday 22 October 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: Pool A profile
- Tuesday 21 October 2014 - Europe
The power of rugby to break down borders
- Monday 20 October 2014 - RWC 2015
All Blacks improve rankings total
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Press Releases
Olympic Sevens panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Americas
Jaguars sign off in style at ARC
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015