The IRB Pacific Rugby Cup will on Monday continue the support shown on the weekend by teams in Super Rugby and the RBS Six Nations for those affected by the recent earthquake in Christchurch.
All SANZAR nations stood as one during the second round of the Super Rugby competition to show their support following Tuesday’s devastating earthquake and the Crusaders decision not to play their scheduled Super Rugby match against the Hurricanes on Saturday night. The game was called a draw with both teams sharing two points.
The global Rugby family also united in support with a minute's silence held before the Six Nations matches in Rome, London and Edinburgh, together with the Japan Cup final in Tokyo over the weekend.
Tonight, prior to the final three IRB Pacific Rugby Cup matches in Australia, a minute's silence will also be observed to remember those who lost their life as a result of the devastating earthquake.
As a mark of respect, players from the QAS Reds Academy, Junior Waratahs, Brumby Runners, Tonga A, Samoa A and Fiji Warriors will wear black and red arm-bands to acknowledge those affected in the Christchurch area.
Following these IRB Pacific Rugby Cup matches, the last scheduled on Australian soil, the three Pacific Island teams will make their way to New Zealand where they will take on the Crusader Knights, a Chiefs Development XV and a Hurricanes Development XV between Friday 4 March and Monday 14 March.
- Monday 1 September 2014 - South America
Colombia start with big win in South America
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Namibia qualify for Junior World Trophy 2015
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Olympics
Rio 2016 calls for Rugby volunteers
- Monday 1 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Too Big To Miss
- Friday 29 August 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Ensuring an Impact Beyond WRWC 2014
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile
- 31 August - Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour - South Africa
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career
- 24 August - (FUN) England's Women talk about what makes them tick