The International Rugby Board has confirmed that the Sri Lanka Rugby Football Union (SLRFU) has been suspended from full IRB member status with immediate effect after failing to conduct appropriate Board elections in accordance with IRB Bye Laws.
The decision, taken by the IRB Council after a comprehensive review of the membership status of the SLRFU, follows ongoing concerns regarding the governance and management of the Union and its ability to meet IRB requirements to hold an Annual General Meeting and elections in accordance with its constitution by January 31, 2011.
The SLRFU will now revert to IRB Associate Member status with a further review to be held on April 1, 2011 pending the successful completion of the Union’s AGM and Board elections.
The SLRFU remains entitled to participate in Asian Rugby Football Union competitions subject to the Regional Association’s rules.
- Thursday 31 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Uruguay host Hong Kong in World Cup showdown
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Krasnoyarsk, the heartbeat of Russian rugby
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Captains' excitement as WRWC2014 gets closer
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - HSBC Sevens
Golden Blitzboks turn attention to Series
- Tuesday 29 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Women's Rugby World Cup launched in Paris
- 30 July - South Africa's Warren Whiteley on winning Gold in Glasgow
- 30 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on the extraordinary 1995 World Cup
- 29 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on his early obsession with rugby
- 28 July - Hong Kong's Dai Rees and first, Zimbabwe's Liam Middleton on the repechage
- 28 July - Pablo Lemoine on future of rugby in Uruguay
- 25 July - Barbados prepare for Commonwealth Games in Sutton Coldfield
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia