The International Rugby Board has confirmed that the Sri Lanka Rugby Football Union (SLRFU) has been suspended from full IRB member status with immediate effect after failing to conduct appropriate Board elections in accordance with IRB Bye Laws.
The decision, taken by the IRB Council after a comprehensive review of the membership status of the SLRFU, follows ongoing concerns regarding the governance and management of the Union and its ability to meet IRB requirements to hold an Annual General Meeting and elections in accordance with its constitution by January 31, 2011.
The SLRFU will now revert to IRB Associate Member status with a further review to be held on April 1, 2011 pending the successful completion of the Union’s AGM and Board elections.
The SLRFU remains entitled to participate in Asian Rugby Football Union competitions subject to the Regional Association’s rules.
- Tuesday 23 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Watch Russia v Uruguay LIVE
- Tuesday 23 September 2014 - Press Releases
DHL to handle logistics for IRB ConfEx
- Monday 22 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Conrad Smith: NZ were better in '07
- Monday 22 September 2014 - HSBC Sevens World Series
Aiono returns for Samoa Sevens
- Monday 22 September 2014 -
France Men claim second European Sevens title
- 24 September - Matthew Rees on battling cancer
- 23 September - World's Largest Scrum
- 23 September - Felipe Contepomi on Anti Doping, the Rugby Championship and RWC 2015
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 10 September - Chris Robshaw on his career so far
- 09 September - Strength and Conditioning, Behind-the-scenes
- 08 September - Kit man, Behind-the-scenes
- 07 September - Injury Prevention, Behind-the-scenes
- 06 September - Club Chef, Behind-the-scenes
- 05 September - Harlequins Head Coach John Kingston, Behind-the-scenes