The International Rugby Board’s One Turf programme has moved to the next phase with the selection of five Preferred Turf Producers who will oversee the production, installation and maintenance of artificial surfaces around the world to the Governing Body’s strict technical, performance and player welfare criteria.
Leading Turf specialists Limonta Sport (Italy), Greenfields B.V (Netherlands), Mondo S.P.A (Italy), FieldTurf Tarkett (USA) and SIS/TEAM (UK/Ireland/Australia) have been appointed after a rigorous selection process that will ensure the highest possible player welfare and performance standards are achieved.
The selection of the Preferred Turf Producers will benefit the Game by providing a one-stop solution for organisations seeking to install artificial surfaces. For the first time the same Producer will be able to produce, install and maintain IRB Regulation 22 compliant surfaces, opening the way for elite and community level matches to be played on artificial surfaces.
The programme also has the ability to boost Rugby and multi-sport participation around the world, particularly in challenging growing conditions, with pitches yielding the possibility of use seven days a week.
“All the Preferred Turf Producers have demonstrated that they have the capability to manage the total process of Rugby turf installation from design through manufacture, installation and maintenance programmes,” said IRB Head of Technical Services Steve Griffiths.
“The selection of Preferred Turf Producers through the One Turf programme provides our Member Unions, clubs and owners of facilities with an assurance that if they choose these manufacturers they will be getting the best quality of product and service in the Rugby turf market place.”
The updated Regulation 22 Performance Specification governing the Artificial Turf installation process will be available to download on the IRB Player Welfare website - www.irbplayerwelfare.com - from March 28, 2011.
- Tuesday 21 October 2014 - Europe
The power of rugby to break down borders
- Monday 20 October 2014 - RWC 2015
All Blacks improve rankings total
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Press Releases
Olympic Sevens panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Americas
Jaguars sign off in style at ARC
- Saturday 18 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Los Teros begin countdown to Cardiff
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015