The International Rugby Board’s One Turf programme has moved to the next phase with the selection of five Preferred Turf Producers who will oversee the production, installation and maintenance of artificial surfaces around the world to the Governing Body’s strict technical, performance and player welfare criteria.
Leading Turf specialists Limonta Sport (Italy), Greenfields B.V (Netherlands), Mondo S.P.A (Italy), FieldTurf Tarkett (USA) and SIS/TEAM (UK/Ireland/Australia) have been appointed after a rigorous selection process that will ensure the highest possible player welfare and performance standards are achieved.
The selection of the Preferred Turf Producers will benefit the Game by providing a one-stop solution for organisations seeking to install artificial surfaces. For the first time the same Producer will be able to produce, install and maintain IRB Regulation 22 compliant surfaces, opening the way for elite and community level matches to be played on artificial surfaces.
The programme also has the ability to boost Rugby and multi-sport participation around the world, particularly in challenging growing conditions, with pitches yielding the possibility of use seven days a week.
“All the Preferred Turf Producers have demonstrated that they have the capability to manage the total process of Rugby turf installation from design through manufacture, installation and maintenance programmes,” said IRB Head of Technical Services Steve Griffiths.
“The selection of Preferred Turf Producers through the One Turf programme provides our Member Unions, clubs and owners of facilities with an assurance that if they choose these manufacturers they will be getting the best quality of product and service in the Rugby turf market place.”
The updated Regulation 22 Performance Specification governing the Artificial Turf installation process will be available to download on the IRB Player Welfare website - www.irbplayerwelfare.com - from March 28, 2011.
- Tuesday 16 September 2014 - Europe
Belgium's rugby family continues to grow
- Tuesday 16 September 2014 - HSBC Sevens World Series - Australia
Pools drawn for Gold Coast Sevens
- Monday 15 September 2014 - RWC 2015
A World Rankings perspective on RWC 2015
- Saturday 13 September 2014 - Women's Sevens World Series
Fiji, China, France and SA qualify for Series
- Friday 12 September 2014 - RWC 2015
World's largest scrum marks tickets on sale
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 10 September - Chris Robshaw on his career so far
- 09 September - Strength and Conditioning, Behind-the-scenes
- 08 September - Kit man, Behind-the-scenes
- 07 September - Injury Prevention, Behind-the-scenes
- 06 September - Club Chef, Behind-the-scenes
- 05 September - Harlequins Head Coach John Kingston, Behind-the-scenes
- 03 September - Gavin Hastings 'Tackle These'
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile