The International Rugby Board has announced that the Sri Lanka Rugby Football Union (SLRFU) has been restored to full IRB Member Union status with immediate effect.
The decision, taken by the IRB Council, after a comprehensive review of membership status of the SLRFU, follows the successful completion of the Union’s Annual General Meeting and Board elections in accordance with its constitution.
SLRFU representative sides will participate in Asian Rugby Football Union competitions during 2011.
Sri Lanka has one of the fastest growth rates of Rugby participation in Asia with over 103,000 men, women and children playing the sport, representing a 250% increase since 2007.
- Friday 29 August 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Ensuring an Impact Beyond WRWC 2014
- Friday 29 August 2014 - South America
Super Week lives up to name in Buenos Aires
- Thursday 28 August 2014 - Press Releases
IRB to change name to World Rugby
- Wednesday 27 August 2014 - RWC 2015
Birmingham ready to welcome the world
- Tuesday 26 August 2014 - RWC 2015
South Africa reunited with Webb Ellis Cup
- 31 August - Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour - South Africa
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career
- 24 August - (FUN) England's Women talk about what makes them tick
- 23 August - Rugby World Cup volunteers feature
- 22 August - A round-up of the action at the Youth Olympic Games in China