The International Rugby Board has announced that the Sri Lanka Rugby Football Union (SLRFU) has been restored to full IRB Member Union status with immediate effect.
The decision, taken by the IRB Council, after a comprehensive review of membership status of the SLRFU, follows the successful completion of the Union’s Annual General Meeting and Board elections in accordance with its constitution.
SLRFU representative sides will participate in Asian Rugby Football Union competitions during 2011.
Sri Lanka has one of the fastest growth rates of Rugby participation in Asia with over 103,000 men, women and children playing the sport, representing a 250% increase since 2007.
- Tuesday 21 October 2014 - Europe
The power of rugby to break down borders
- Monday 20 October 2014 - RWC 2015
All Blacks improve rankings total
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Press Releases
Olympic Sevens panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Americas
Jaguars sign off in style at ARC
- Saturday 18 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Los Teros begin countdown to Cardiff
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015