The International Rugby Board has announced that the Sri Lanka Rugby Football Union (SLRFU) has been restored to full IRB Member Union status with immediate effect.
The decision, taken by the IRB Council, after a comprehensive review of membership status of the SLRFU, follows the successful completion of the Union’s Annual General Meeting and Board elections in accordance with its constitution.
SLRFU representative sides will participate in Asian Rugby Football Union competitions during 2011.
Sri Lanka has one of the fastest growth rates of Rugby participation in Asia with over 103,000 men, women and children playing the sport, representing a 250% increase since 2007.
- Thursday 24 July 2014 - Africa
Madagascar: A hidden rugby gem
- Thursday 24 July 2014 - Press Releases
Top matches for Tier Two nations in November
- Wednesday 23 July 2014 - Commonwealth Games
Commonwealth Games: Rugby's all-rounders
- Tuesday 22 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Superbru onboard for #WRWC2014
- Tuesday 22 July 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC Gold: When Stirling cashed in
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia
- 20 July - New Zealand's John Afoa looks back on his career
- 19 July - Sean Fitzpatrick Tackle These
- 18 July - Australia's women look ahead to the Rugby World Cup
- 16 July - Shane Williams on life in Japan
- 15 July - South Africa women's preparation for the World Cup
- 14 July - Humphrey Kayange takes on 'Tackle These'