The International Rugby Board has launched the IRB/Emirates Airline Rugby Photograph of the Year 2011 competition.
A trip for two to the Emirates Airline Dubai Sevens awaits the winner of this prestigious annual competition.
Now in its sixth year, the competition aims to capture the true spirit of Rugby and its values of integrity, solidarity, respect, passion and discipline.
The 2010 edition attracted more than 300 entries from amateur and professional photographers alike from 26 countries, highlighting the global appeal of the sport, with stunning entries received portraying community and elite level Rugby.
Last year’s winning entry was taken by Richard Lane and was titled 'Bengal Khuki' as it featured a group of girls playing Rugby for the first time at an orphanage outside Kolkata in India.
VIEW THE 2010 WINNING IMAGE 'BENGAL KHUKI' >>
This year all the major international competitions including the IRB Junior World Championship in Italy, the HSBC Sevens World Series, the IRB Pacific Nations Cup, IRB Nations Cup and, of course, Rugby World Cup 2011 together with a host of international and domestic Rugby matches can all be included, as can any domestic Rugby at any level.
The judging panel, which is chaired by Paul Morgan (Rugby World Editor), will select the entry they think most captures the Spirit of Rugby when they meet in London following Rugby World Cup later in the year, with the winner being announced in the IRB World Rugby Yearbook 2012 in association with Emirates Airline in November.
Photographs must have been taken between October 1, 2010 and October 24, 2011 and entries must be received by 19:00 GMT October 26, 2011.
To enter the competition photographers must email a jpeg of no less than 300 dpi of their chosen photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full details of the particular requirements and terms and conditions of the competition are set out via the link below.
VIEW THE FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS >>
To purchase a copy of the IRB World Rugby Yearbook 2011, visit the publishers website www.visionsp.co.uk.
- Friday 31 October 2014 - World Rankings
Moody: NZ never know when they're beaten
- Friday 31 October 2014 - Europe
Netherlands - Belgium in Women's Trophy Final
- Thursday 30 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Portugal - Georgia in Euro Under 19 final
- Wednesday 29 October 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: Pool B profile
- Tuesday 28 October 2014 - Press Releases
Land Rover named as partner for ConfEx 2014
- 01 November - Welsh boys at Racing Metro
- 31 October - Lewis Moody looks ahead to the November internationals
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 28 October - Rugby in Hawaii
- 27 October - Rugby World Cup Memory - France v New Zealand 1999 semi-final
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series