The International Rugby Board Council has today decided to defer the election of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman positions. The adjourned Council meeting will take place in December 2011.
An election must be held before January 1, 2012 when the current mandate of Bernard Lapasset as Chairman and Bill Beaumont as Vice Chairman, expires.
This decision was taken after a resolution was passed to defer the vote until after the completion of Rugby World Cup 2011.
Both candidates (Lapasset and Beaumont) and Council were in agreement that in future the election of Chairman should not take place during Rugby World Cup but should take place at the IRB Annual Meeting of Council in the year following Rugby’s showcase tournament.
- Friday 24 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Leeds set for clash of continents
- Friday 24 October 2014 -
Australia Sevens stars land top awards
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Euro hosts Portugal prepare for JWRT 2015
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Awards
Ray Williams wins prestigious IRB Award
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Record demand for RWC 2015 tickets
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership