The International Rugby Board Council has today decided to defer the election of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman positions. The adjourned Council meeting will take place in December 2011.
An election must be held before January 1, 2012 when the current mandate of Bernard Lapasset as Chairman and Bill Beaumont as Vice Chairman, expires.
This decision was taken after a resolution was passed to defer the vote until after the completion of Rugby World Cup 2011.
Both candidates (Lapasset and Beaumont) and Council were in agreement that in future the election of Chairman should not take place during Rugby World Cup but should take place at the IRB Annual Meeting of Council in the year following Rugby’s showcase tournament.
- Thursday 24 July 2014 - Press Releases
Top matches for Tier Two nations in November
- Wednesday 23 July 2014 - Commonwealth Games
Commonwealth Games: Rugby's all-rounders
- Tuesday 22 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Superbru onboard for #WRWC2014
- Tuesday 22 July 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC Gold: When Stirling cashed in
- Monday 21 July 2014 - Commonwealth Games
Rugby Sevens at the Commonwealth Games
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia
- 20 July - New Zealand's John Afoa looks back on his career
- 19 July - Sean Fitzpatrick Tackle These
- 18 July - Australia's women look ahead to the Rugby World Cup
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 16 July - Shane Williams on life in Japan
- 15 July - South Africa women's preparation for the World Cup
- 14 July - Humphrey Kayange takes on 'Tackle These'