The International Rugby Board Council has today decided to defer the election of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman positions. The adjourned Council meeting will take place in December 2011.
An election must be held before January 1, 2012 when the current mandate of Bernard Lapasset as Chairman and Bill Beaumont as Vice Chairman, expires.
This decision was taken after a resolution was passed to defer the vote until after the completion of Rugby World Cup 2011.
Both candidates (Lapasset and Beaumont) and Council were in agreement that in future the election of Chairman should not take place during Rugby World Cup but should take place at the IRB Annual Meeting of Council in the year following Rugby’s showcase tournament.
- Tuesday 21 October 2014 - Europe
The power of rugby to break down borders
- Monday 20 October 2014 - RWC 2015
All Blacks improve rankings total
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Press Releases
Olympic Sevens panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Americas
Jaguars sign off in style at ARC
- Saturday 18 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Los Teros begin countdown to Cardiff
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015