The IRB Council today considered the appeal by Steven Shingler against the decision of the IRB Regulations Committee, which found him to be captured for Wales.
Under the Regulations Committee decision Shingler was deemed to have been captured by Wales having represented the Wales Under 20 team against the France Under 20 team in a 2011 Six Nations fixture. Both Wales and France had individually designated their Under 20 teams as their next senior national representative teams.
In accordance with IRB Regulation 2, the IRB Council has the power to endorse or overturn the decision of the Regulations Committee. Following the Scottish Rugby Union's appeal of the Shingler decision, the IRB Council considered and determined the matter during its Annual Meeting in Dublin.
Council, having considered all the facts and having heard submissions from the SRU and WRU legal representatives, dismissed the appeal and upheld the decision of the IRB Regulations Committee. The Council therefore determined that Steven Shingler is tied to Wales in accordance with IRB Regulation 8 and therefore is ineligible to represent another Union.
- Tuesday 30 September 2014 - Asia
Japan and HK lead the way at Asian Games
- Tuesday 30 September 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: General ticket sales update
- Tuesday 30 September 2014 - HSBC Sevens World Series - Australia
GC7s squads: Pool C (FIJ, AUS, SCO, POR)
- Monday 29 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Russia must improve in key areas - Artemyev
- Monday 29 September 2014 - Press Releases
Concussion panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- 01 October - Andrea Masi profile
- 30 September - Richard Hill on the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final
- 29 September - Russia's Vasily Artemyev on the first leg of their RWC qualifier against Uruguay
- 29 September - Conrad Smith on his career
- 28 September - Jean de Villiers 'Tackle These'
- 27 September - Sam Warburton 'Tackle These'
- 26 September - Uruguay captain Nicholas Klappenbach
- 26 September - (RWC Memory) Jonny Wilkinson 2003 drop-goal
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 24 September - Jean de Villiers on life on and off the pitch