The IRB Council today considered the appeal by Steven Shingler against the decision of the IRB Regulations Committee, which found him to be captured for Wales.
Under the Regulations Committee decision Shingler was deemed to have been captured by Wales having represented the Wales Under 20 team against the France Under 20 team in a 2011 Six Nations fixture. Both Wales and France had individually designated their Under 20 teams as their next senior national representative teams.
In accordance with IRB Regulation 2, the IRB Council has the power to endorse or overturn the decision of the Regulations Committee. Following the Scottish Rugby Union's appeal of the Shingler decision, the IRB Council considered and determined the matter during its Annual Meeting in Dublin.
Council, having considered all the facts and having heard submissions from the SRU and WRU legal representatives, dismissed the appeal and upheld the decision of the IRB Regulations Committee. The Council therefore determined that Steven Shingler is tied to Wales in accordance with IRB Regulation 8 and therefore is ineligible to represent another Union.
- Monday 22 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Conrad Smith: NZ were better in '07
- Monday 22 September 2014 - HSBC Sevens World Series
Aiono returns for Samoa Sevens
- Monday 22 September 2014 -
France Men claim second European Sevens title
- Monday 22 September 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Uruguay qualify for Junior World Trophy 2015
- Friday 19 September 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015 advises fans to buy official
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 10 September - Chris Robshaw on his career so far
- 09 September - Strength and Conditioning, Behind-the-scenes
- 08 September - Kit man, Behind-the-scenes
- 07 September - Injury Prevention, Behind-the-scenes
- 06 September - Club Chef, Behind-the-scenes
- 05 September - Harlequins Head Coach John Kingston, Behind-the-scenes
- 03 September - Gavin Hastings 'Tackle These'
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile