The International Rugby Board has today announced the launch of its annual IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition with the inaugural event taking place from November 17-20 in Dublin, Ireland.
The event will provide an unprecedented opportunity for stakeholders to come together to leverage the exciting opportunities Rugby faces as it prepares to rejoin the Olympic programme.
Built around the IRB General Assembly and the IRB Medical Commission Conference, the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition will guarantee the presence of leading representatives from 118 National Member Unions and Rugby World Cup Organising Committees.
The event will include a comprehensive programme of meetings, conference sessions, workshops and networking events accompanied by an exhibition that will facilitate interaction and accelerate the business partnerships that will shape the future of the sport.
IRB Chairman Bernard Lapasset said: “The IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition will provide the unique environment for the global Rugby community to share knowledge, network and develop relationships that will contribute to the continued growth of rugby worldwide.”
The announcement comes at an exciting time for a sport that is experiencing unprecedented growth and interest, with participation levels at an all-time high of 5.5 million. Rugby’s growth rate is accelerating in major and new markets with the flagship Rugby World Cup going from strength to strength with the next editions in England and Japan in 2015 and 2019 respectively.
With an expected further increase in participation as the 2016 Summer Olympic Games approaches, the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition will deliver an important and timely platform for all stakeholders in the international game to come together to maximise the opportunity now facing the sport.
A dedicated IRB World Conference and Exhibition Website will launch by 1st May 2013 but in the meantime organisations are encouraged to register their interest via www.irbworldrugbyconferenceandexhibition.com to ensure they receive all information related to participation as it is released.
- Friday 24 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Leeds set for clash of continents
- Friday 24 October 2014 -
Australia Sevens stars land top awards
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Euro hosts Portugal prepare for JWRT 2015
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Awards
Ray Williams wins prestigious IRB Award
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Record demand for RWC 2015 tickets
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership