The International Rugby Board has today announced the launch of its annual IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition with the inaugural event taking place from November 17-20 in Dublin, Ireland.
The event will provide an unprecedented opportunity for stakeholders to come together to leverage the exciting opportunities Rugby faces as it prepares to rejoin the Olympic programme.
Built around the IRB General Assembly and the IRB Medical Commission Conference, the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition will guarantee the presence of leading representatives from 118 National Member Unions and Rugby World Cup Organising Committees.
The event will include a comprehensive programme of meetings, conference sessions, workshops and networking events accompanied by an exhibition that will facilitate interaction and accelerate the business partnerships that will shape the future of the sport.
IRB Chairman Bernard Lapasset said: “The IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition will provide the unique environment for the global Rugby community to share knowledge, network and develop relationships that will contribute to the continued growth of rugby worldwide.”
The announcement comes at an exciting time for a sport that is experiencing unprecedented growth and interest, with participation levels at an all-time high of 5.5 million. Rugby’s growth rate is accelerating in major and new markets with the flagship Rugby World Cup going from strength to strength with the next editions in England and Japan in 2015 and 2019 respectively.
With an expected further increase in participation as the 2016 Summer Olympic Games approaches, the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition will deliver an important and timely platform for all stakeholders in the international game to come together to maximise the opportunity now facing the sport.
A dedicated IRB World Conference and Exhibition Website will launch by 1st May 2013 but in the meantime organisations are encouraged to register their interest via www.irbworldrugbyconferenceandexhibition.com to ensure they receive all information related to participation as it is released.
- Friday 31 October 2014 - World Rankings
Moody: NZ never know when they're beaten
- Friday 31 October 2014 - Europe
Netherlands - Belgium in Women's Trophy Final
- Thursday 30 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Portugal - Georgia in Euro Under 19 final
- Wednesday 29 October 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: Pool B profile
- Tuesday 28 October 2014 - Press Releases
Land Rover named as partner for ConfEx 2014
- 31 October - Lewis Moody looks ahead to the November internationals
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 28 October - Rugby in Hawaii
- 27 October - Rugby World Cup Memory - France v New Zealand 1999 semi-final
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens