The International Rugby Board is delighted to announce that former South Africa and Italy head coach Nick Mallett has been appointed to the IRB Rugby Committee.
The 56-year-old former Springbok number eight fills the position of coaches’ representative on the committee, with the appointment being effective immediately.
With experience playing and coaching in several countries, including England, France and Italy as well as South Africa, Mallett will bring to the Rugby Committee a wealth of experience of the Game at the very highest level in a career that has seen him take two national teams to Rugby World Cups as well as leading French club Stade Francais to two consecutive national titles in 2003 and 2004.
“The IRB is delighted that Nick Mallett has accepted the IRB Council’s invitation to join the Rugby Committee. Having a broad experience across a range of club and national teams, Nick has considerable experience of the modern Test and domestic Game environment and will give the Committee a valuable insight into important issues facing the coaching of the Game,” said IRB Rugby Committee Chairman John Jeffrey.
“The IRB Rugby Committee plays an important role in advising the IRB Council on all issues related to playing the Game from the community participation level right the way to the top echelons of professional Rugby. Nick, I am sure, will make very valuable contributions to the committee and the Game," said Jeffrey.
Click here to listen to an audio interview with Nick Mallett discussing his appointment.
The IRB Rugby Committee next meets on October 8 and comprises John Jeffrey (Chairman), Bill Beaumont, Giancarlo Dondi, Michael Hawker, Chris Le Fevre, Fabien Pelous, David Pickering, Agustin Pichot, Cheryl Soon, Koji Tokumasu, Pat Whelan and now Nick Mallett.
- Friday 24 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Leeds set for clash of continents
- Friday 24 October 2014 -
Australia Sevens stars land top awards
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Euro hosts Portugal prepare for JWRT 2015
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Awards
Ray Williams wins prestigious IRB Award
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Record demand for RWC 2015 tickets
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'