A strong pan-European competition is in the best interests of the development of European Rugby and the International Rugby Board (IRB) strongly encourages and supports ongoing stakeholder dialogue in order to reach an agreement.
To clarify the global competition procedure, under IRB Regulations all cross-border club competitions require Union approval in the first instance and, if reached, ultimately the approval of the IRB Council.
We naturally support our Unions in their attempts to grow a thriving, genuinely cross-European competition.
All hypothetical scenarios remain just that with discussions ongoing and it would not be appropriate to pre-empt the view of Council, should approval be required.
- Wednesday 22 October 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: Pool A profile
- Tuesday 21 October 2014 - Europe
The power of rugby to break down borders
- Monday 20 October 2014 - RWC 2015
All Blacks improve rankings total
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Press Releases
Olympic Sevens panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Americas
Jaguars sign off in style at ARC
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015