A strong pan-European competition is in the best interests of the development of European Rugby and the International Rugby Board (IRB) strongly encourages and supports ongoing stakeholder dialogue in order to reach an agreement.
To clarify the global competition procedure, under IRB Regulations all cross-border club competitions require Union approval in the first instance and, if reached, ultimately the approval of the IRB Council.
We naturally support our Unions in their attempts to grow a thriving, genuinely cross-European competition.
All hypothetical scenarios remain just that with discussions ongoing and it would not be appropriate to pre-empt the view of Council, should approval be required.
- Saturday 8 March 2014 - Women's Rugby
Rugby celebrates International Women's Day
- Friday 7 March 2014 - World Rankings
Fourth at stake when RWC 2015 rivals meet
- Friday 7 March 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
World Cup success the dream for Agricole
- Friday 7 March 2014 - Olympics
Rugby Sevens primed for ODESUR Games in Chile
- Friday 7 March 2014 - RWC 2015
England and Wales set for RWC 2015 rehearsal
- 09 March - Ben Gollings and Waisale Serevi on rugby in Brazil
- 08 March - Sandrine Agricole on France women's Six Nations campaign
- 7 March - England v Wales: Rugby World Cup memories and dreams
- 07 March - Andy Robinson looks ahead to the penultimate round of the Six Nations
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show