A strong pan-European competition is in the best interests of the development of European Rugby and the International Rugby Board (IRB) strongly encourages and supports ongoing stakeholder dialogue in order to reach an agreement.
To clarify the global competition procedure, under IRB Regulations all cross-border club competitions require Union approval in the first instance and, if reached, ultimately the approval of the IRB Council.
We naturally support our Unions in their attempts to grow a thriving, genuinely cross-European competition.
All hypothetical scenarios remain just that with discussions ongoing and it would not be appropriate to pre-empt the view of Council, should approval be required.
- Monday 1 September 2014 - South America
Colombia start with big win in South America
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Namibia qualify for Junior World Trophy 2015
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Olympics
Rio 2016 calls for Rugby volunteers
- Monday 1 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Too Big To Miss
- Friday 29 August 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Ensuring an Impact Beyond WRWC 2014
- 03 September - Gavin Hastings 'Tackle These'
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile
- 31 August - Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour - South Africa
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career