A strong pan-European competition is in the best interests of the development of European Rugby and the International Rugby Board (IRB) strongly encourages and supports ongoing stakeholder dialogue in order to reach an agreement.
To clarify the global competition procedure, under IRB Regulations all cross-border club competitions require Union approval in the first instance and, if reached, ultimately the approval of the IRB Council.
We naturally support our Unions in their attempts to grow a thriving, genuinely cross-European competition.
All hypothetical scenarios remain just that with discussions ongoing and it would not be appropriate to pre-empt the view of Council, should approval be required.
- Friday 31 October 2014 - World Rankings
Moody: NZ never know when they're beaten
- Friday 31 October 2014 - Europe
Netherlands - Belgium in Women's Trophy Final
- Thursday 30 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Portugal - Georgia in Euro Under 19 final
- Wednesday 29 October 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: Pool B profile
- Tuesday 28 October 2014 - Press Releases
Land Rover named as partner for ConfEx 2014
- 31 October - Lewis Moody looks ahead to the November internationals
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 28 October - Rugby in Hawaii
- 27 October - Rugby World Cup Memory - France v New Zealand 1999 semi-final
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens