The International Rugby Board has announced that Stephen Nuttall (Senior Director, YouTube Sports EMEA) and Argentinean Rugby legend, Agustin Pichot (Chairman, IRB Sevens Strategy Group and IRB Hall of Fame inductee) will speak at the inaugural IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition which takes place in Dublin on November 17-20, 2013.
Responsible for Google/YouTube’s sports partnerships with rights holders based in EMEA, Nuttall will join the ‘Sport and the Digital Environment’ panel to discuss the growing influence of digital platforms in Rugby and international sport as well as exploring what Rugby offers the digital community.
Nuttall will also draw upon his experience overseeing partnerships with organisations including the IOC, FIFA, UEFA, more than 200 European soccer clubs and YouTube channels such as STR SkillSchool, Freekickerz, Copa90, PolePosition and the Global Cycling Network.
Nuttall will be accompanied on the panel by Murray Barnett (IRB Head of Commercial, Broadcast and Marketing) and Hugo Sharman (Director, North and Special Events at Deltatre).
As IRB Council Member for Argentina, Pichot will take part in the ‘Developing a Performance Culture’ panel. As well as his senior roles at the IRB, Pichot will discuss how his experiences performing on the field translated to success once his playing career ended, as well as exploring what values Rugby can instil in young people today.
IRB Chief Executive Brett Gosper said: “Drawing upon their experiences in digital and online and international Rugby, I am delighted that Stephen and Agustín will share their experiences with delegates at this year’s event for what is shaping up to be an insightful and thought-leading conference.
With many more top names to be announced over the next few weeks, this year’s conference looks set to be a must-attend event for the global Rugby family and wider international sporting community.”
For further information on delegate and sponsorship opportunities, click here.
- Tuesday 21 October 2014 - Europe
The power of rugby to break down borders
- Monday 20 October 2014 - RWC 2015
All Blacks improve rankings total
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Press Releases
Olympic Sevens panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Americas
Jaguars sign off in style at ARC
- Saturday 18 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Los Teros begin countdown to Cardiff
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015