The International Rugby Board (IRB) is delighted to announce DHL as a partner for the inaugural IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition taking place in Dublin on November 18-19.
With two weeks to go until the event, DHL’s partnership reaffirms the global express and logistics leader’s commitment to supporting Rugby at all levels and will see them support the overall delivery and logistics for the prestigious event.
As part of their partnership with IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition and their role as Official Logistics Partner for Rugby World Cup 2015 in England, DHL recently unveiled details of their first official assignment – transporting the iconic Webb Ellis Cup from 2011 winners New Zealand to the IRB in Dublin for the official trophy handover ceremony, which will take place at the Aviva Stadium on the opening night of the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition on November 18.
The handover will be the culmination of a global tour, which has seen the Webb Ellis Cup visit each of the previous Rugby World Cup winning nations, (New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and England) en route to the international federation’s headquarters in Dublin.
Brett Gosper, IRB Chief Executive, said: “To have a globally-recognised company like DHL is a major boost and I would like to thank DHL for their support of the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition. With a host of legends of the Game already confirmed to attend the 2013 IRB Hall of Fame evening, the handover of the Webb Ellis Cup will make the inaugural IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition a must-attend for anyone passionate about Rugby and international sport.”
Vincenzo Scrudato, Managing Director, DHL Trade Fairs and Events, said: “DHL has a great history working in Rugby, delivering services for Rugby World Cup 2011 and more recently the DHL Australian 2013 Lions Tour, and we are delighted to continue our involvement in the sport supporting the inaugural IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition.”
“As the world’s leading provider of logistics services, working with many sports organisations around the globe, I look forward to working on the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition and strengthening our relationship with the international Rugby and wider sporting community.”
For further information about the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition, visit www.irbwrce.com.
- Thursday 30 October 2014 - Europe
Euro women set for battle of Waterloo
- Thursday 30 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Portugal - Georgia in Euro Under 19 final
- Wednesday 29 October 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: Pool B profile
- Tuesday 28 October 2014 - Press Releases
Land Rover named as partner for ConfEx 2014
- Tuesday 28 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Trophy Tour ready for American adventure
- 28 October - Rugby in Hawaii
- 27 October - Rugby World Cup Memory - France v New Zealand 1999 semi-final
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country