The International Rugby Board (IRB) is delighted to announce DHL as a partner for the inaugural IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition taking place in Dublin on November 18-19.
With two weeks to go until the event, DHL’s partnership reaffirms the global express and logistics leader’s commitment to supporting Rugby at all levels and will see them support the overall delivery and logistics for the prestigious event.
As part of their partnership with IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition and their role as Official Logistics Partner for Rugby World Cup 2015 in England, DHL recently unveiled details of their first official assignment – transporting the iconic Webb Ellis Cup from 2011 winners New Zealand to the IRB in Dublin for the official trophy handover ceremony, which will take place at the Aviva Stadium on the opening night of the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition on November 18.
The handover will be the culmination of a global tour, which has seen the Webb Ellis Cup visit each of the previous Rugby World Cup winning nations, (New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and England) en route to the international federation’s headquarters in Dublin.
Brett Gosper, IRB Chief Executive, said: “To have a globally-recognised company like DHL is a major boost and I would like to thank DHL for their support of the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition. With a host of legends of the Game already confirmed to attend the 2013 IRB Hall of Fame evening, the handover of the Webb Ellis Cup will make the inaugural IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition a must-attend for anyone passionate about Rugby and international sport.”
Vincenzo Scrudato, Managing Director, DHL Trade Fairs and Events, said: “DHL has a great history working in Rugby, delivering services for Rugby World Cup 2011 and more recently the DHL Australian 2013 Lions Tour, and we are delighted to continue our involvement in the sport supporting the inaugural IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition.”
“As the world’s leading provider of logistics services, working with many sports organisations around the globe, I look forward to working on the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition and strengthening our relationship with the international Rugby and wider sporting community.”
For further information about the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition, visit www.irbwrce.com.
- Monday 20 October 2014 - RWC 2015
All Blacks improve rankings score
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Press Releases
Olympic Sevens panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Americas
Jaguars sign off in style at ARC
- Saturday 18 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Los Teros begin countdown to Cardiff
- Friday 17 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Try Outs touch down in Leeds
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015