The International Rugby Board is satisfied that Wayne Barnes managed the Wales versus Australia match on November 30 in a fair and professional manner.
During that match he followed the correct protocol for reviewing a forward pass and, as there was no conclusive evidence, the correct decision was to play on. Wayne is one of the world’s top and most experienced international referees and this has been reflected in his appointment for the 2014 RBS 6 Nations by the IRB Referee Selection Committee.
The alleged comments made by Warren Gatland following the match have been clarified by the WRU to the IRB and to Wayne. The IRB can confirm that no further action will be taken.
- Friday 24 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Leeds set for clash of continents
- Friday 24 October 2014 -
Australia Sevens stars land top awards
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Euro hosts Portugal prepare for JWRT 2015
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Awards
Ray Williams wins prestigious IRB Award
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Record demand for RWC 2015 tickets
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'