The International Rugby Board is satisfied that Wayne Barnes managed the Wales versus Australia match on November 30 in a fair and professional manner.
During that match he followed the correct protocol for reviewing a forward pass and, as there was no conclusive evidence, the correct decision was to play on. Wayne is one of the world’s top and most experienced international referees and this has been reflected in his appointment for the 2014 RBS 6 Nations by the IRB Referee Selection Committee.
The alleged comments made by Warren Gatland following the match have been clarified by the WRU to the IRB and to Wayne. The IRB can confirm that no further action will be taken.
- Thursday 30 October 2014 - Europe
Euro women set for battle of Waterloo
- Thursday 30 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Portugal - Georgia in Euro Under 19 final
- Wednesday 29 October 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: Pool B profile
- Tuesday 28 October 2014 - Press Releases
Land Rover named as partner for ConfEx 2014
- Tuesday 28 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Trophy Tour ready for American adventure
- 31 October - Lewis Moody looks ahead to the November internationals
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 28 October - Rugby in Hawaii
- 27 October - Rugby World Cup Memory - France v New Zealand 1999 semi-final
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens