The International Rugby Board is satisfied that Wayne Barnes managed the Wales versus Australia match on November 30 in a fair and professional manner.
During that match he followed the correct protocol for reviewing a forward pass and, as there was no conclusive evidence, the correct decision was to play on. Wayne is one of the world’s top and most experienced international referees and this has been reflected in his appointment for the 2014 RBS 6 Nations by the IRB Referee Selection Committee.
The alleged comments made by Warren Gatland following the match have been clarified by the WRU to the IRB and to Wayne. The IRB can confirm that no further action will be taken.
- Thursday 24 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Fitzpatrick: Lomu - our strength and weakness
- Thursday 24 July 2014 - Africa
Madagascar: A hidden rugby gem
- Thursday 24 July 2014 - Press Releases
Top matches for Tier Two nations in November
- Wednesday 23 July 2014 - Commonwealth Games
Commonwealth Games: Rugby's all-rounders
- Tuesday 22 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Superbru onboard for #WRWC2014
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia
- 20 July - New Zealand's John Afoa looks back on his career
- 19 July - Sean Fitzpatrick Tackle These
- 18 July - Australia's women look ahead to the Rugby World Cup
- 16 July - Shane Williams on life in Japan
- 15 July - South Africa women's preparation for the World Cup
- 14 July - Humphrey Kayange takes on 'Tackle These'