The International Rugby Board is satisfied that Wayne Barnes managed the Wales versus Australia match on November 30 in a fair and professional manner.
During that match he followed the correct protocol for reviewing a forward pass and, as there was no conclusive evidence, the correct decision was to play on. Wayne is one of the world’s top and most experienced international referees and this has been reflected in his appointment for the 2014 RBS 6 Nations by the IRB Referee Selection Committee.
The alleged comments made by Warren Gatland following the match have been clarified by the WRU to the IRB and to Wayne. The IRB can confirm that no further action will be taken.
- Thursday 31 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Total Rugby: Women's Rugby World Cup special!
- Thursday 31 July 2014 - IRB Women's Sevens Series
Host cities announced for women's series
- Thursday 31 July 2014 -
Opening day of Women's RWC almost sold out
- Thursday 31 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Uruguay host Hong Kong in World Cup showdown
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Krasnoyarsk, the heartbeat of Russian rugby
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 30 July - South Africa's Warren Whiteley on winning Gold in Glasgow
- 30 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on the extraordinary 1995 World Cup
- 29 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on his early obsession with rugby
- 28 July - Hong Kong's Dai Rees and first, Zimbabwe's Liam Middleton on the repechage
- 28 July - Pablo Lemoine on future of rugby in Uruguay
- 25 July - Barbados prepare for Commonwealth Games in Sutton Coldfield
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia