The International Rugby Board is satisfied that Wayne Barnes managed the Wales versus Australia match on November 30 in a fair and professional manner.
During that match he followed the correct protocol for reviewing a forward pass and, as there was no conclusive evidence, the correct decision was to play on. Wayne is one of the world’s top and most experienced international referees and this has been reflected in his appointment for the 2014 RBS 6 Nations by the IRB Referee Selection Committee.
The alleged comments made by Warren Gatland following the match have been clarified by the WRU to the IRB and to Wayne. The IRB can confirm that no further action will be taken.
- Friday 29 August 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Ensuring an Impact Beyond WRWC 2014
- Friday 29 August 2014 - South America
Super Week lives up to name in Buenos Aires
- Thursday 28 August 2014 - Press Releases
IRB to change name to World Rugby
- Wednesday 27 August 2014 - RWC 2015
Birmingham ready to welcome the world
- Tuesday 26 August 2014 - RWC 2015
South Africa reunited with Webb Ellis Cup
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career
- 24 August - (FUN) England's Women talk about what makes them tick
- 23 August - Rugby World Cup volunteers feature
- 22 August - A round-up of the action at the Youth Olympic Games in China
- 22 August - A report looking back on the Women's Rugby World Cup