The IRB has contributed to a new Adapted Sport Manual, published by Peace and Sport, which aims to encourage the use of sport as a tool that can be adapted to and set up in a wide range of environments.
The manual, the result of a collaborative effort between Peace and Sport, the IRB and 16 other international federations, has been created in such a way as to be used and understood by all and is intended for anyone wishing to lead youth through sport.
Bringing together a number of sporting disciplines devised by various actors worldwide in the form of educational information sheets, the manual allows instructors, educators and teachers to easily set up adapted sports and use them as a tool for dialogue and social integration.
Presented through fun illustrations and text, the manual contains the following sections:
-Adapted sport information sheets, explaining how sports can be set up, tailored and used as an educational and social tool
-A resource index, which provides examples of sports equipment made from natural resources or recycled waste
-Building adapted equipment information sheets, designed to help with the construction of sports equipment using the aforementioned resources
The manual was launched during the seventh Peace and Sport International Forum in Monaco and was demonstrated to attendees at the recent IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition.
Click here for more information.
- Monday 1 September 2014 - South America
Colombia start with big win in South America
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Namibia qualify for Junior World Trophy 2015
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Olympics
Rio 2016 calls for Rugby volunteers
- Monday 1 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Too Big To Miss
- Friday 29 August 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Ensuring an Impact Beyond WRWC 2014
- 03 September - Gavin Hastings 'Tackle These'
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile
- 31 August - Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour - South Africa
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career