The IRB has contributed to a new Adapted Sport Manual, published by Peace and Sport, which aims to encourage the use of sport as a tool that can be adapted to and set up in a wide range of environments.
The manual, the result of a collaborative effort between Peace and Sport, the IRB and 16 other international federations, has been created in such a way as to be used and understood by all and is intended for anyone wishing to lead youth through sport.
Bringing together a number of sporting disciplines devised by various actors worldwide in the form of educational information sheets, the manual allows instructors, educators and teachers to easily set up adapted sports and use them as a tool for dialogue and social integration.
Presented through fun illustrations and text, the manual contains the following sections:
-Adapted sport information sheets, explaining how sports can be set up, tailored and used as an educational and social tool
-A resource index, which provides examples of sports equipment made from natural resources or recycled waste
-Building adapted equipment information sheets, designed to help with the construction of sports equipment using the aforementioned resources
The manual was launched during the seventh Peace and Sport International Forum in Monaco and was demonstrated to attendees at the recent IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition.
Click here for more information.
- Friday 7 March 2014 - World Rankings
Fourth at stake when RWC 2015 rivals meet
- Friday 7 March 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
World Cup success the dream for Agricole
- Friday 7 March 2014 - Olympics
Rugby Sevens primed for ODESUR Games in Chile
- Friday 7 March 2014 - RWC 2015
England and Wales set for RWC 2015 rehearsal
- Friday 7 March 2014 - HSBC Sevens World Series
"Probably the most important year for Sevens"
- 08 March - Sandrine Agricole on France women's Six Nations campaign
- 7 March - England v Wales: Rugby World Cup memories and dreams
- 07 March - Andy Robinson looks ahead to the penultimate round of the Six Nations
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 03 March - Alain Rolland looks back over his distinguished refereeing career