The International Rugby Board has announced the referee appointments for the RBS Women’s Six Nations Championship 2014.
Appointments were made by the IRB Match Official Selection Committee following a detailed review of recent performances.
The Women’s Six Nations, which kicks off on January 31 and concludes on March 16, will see nine referees take charge of 15 matches with Nicky Inwood, Helen O’Reilly, Claire Hodnett, Christine Bigaran, Sherry Trumbell and Leah Berard being appointed to two matches each.
Click here for the full list of referee appointments.
England’s Hodnett will referee the first game of the championship between defending champions Ireland and Scotland in Ashbourne, while Marlize Jordaan of South Africa will take charge of the final match, which will be between Italy and England in Milan.
The full list of referees, sponsored by Emirates, for the Women’s Six Nations 2014 is: Jess Beard (NZR) Leah Berard (USA Rugby), Christine Bigaran (FFR), Claire Hodnett (RFU), Nicky Inwood (NZR), Marlize Jordaan (SARU), Amy Perrett (ARU), Helen O’Reilly (IRFU) and Sherry Trumbull (Rugby Canada).
Referee preparation for the Six Nations championship included a three-day camp in Marcoussis, France, which is a host venue for the Women’s Rugby World Cup 2014 in August.
The camp mirrored the gathering for their male counterparts held last August at the same venue. The schedule included a series of preparation sessions, ranging from the consistent management of the ‘crouch, bind, set’ scrum engagement trial to an extensive fitness monitoring programme.
The IRB Women's Match Official Selection Committee is chaired by John Jeffrey and comprises Kat Todd (USA Rugby), Michel Lamoulie (FFR), Wayne Erickson (ARU), Bernd Gabbei (IRB) and IRB High Performance Match Officials Manager Joël Jutge.
- Thursday 30 October 2014 - Europe
Euro Women set for battle of Waterloo
- Thursday 30 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Portugal - Georgia in Euro Under 19 final
- Wednesday 29 October 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: Pool B profile
- Tuesday 28 October 2014 - Press Releases
Land Rover named as partner for ConfEx 2014
- Tuesday 28 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Trophy Tour ready for American adventure
- 28 October - Rugby in Hawaii
- 27 October - Rugby World Cup Memory - France v New Zealand 1999 semi-final
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country