The IRB has given its support to the 2014 IOC World Conference on Prevention of Injury and Illness in Sport and is taking steps to inform the Rugby family and other stakeholders regarding the programme of this important international meeting.
The conference will take place in Monaco from April 10-12 and will take a multidisciplinary perspective on injury and illness prevention for different sports and injury/illness types, including lectures on intervention methods, epidemiology, risk factors and injury mechanisms.
The three-day programme will include five keynote lectures, 24 symposia and numerous workshops, in addition to free communications and posters. Abstracts presented will also be published in a special themed issue of the British Journal of Sports Medicine.
Click here for the 2014 conference website.
IRB Chairman Bernard Lapasset said: “As an active member of the Olympic family, the IRB is and proud to support this prestigious conference. Player welfare is our number-one priority and it is through international, multi-sport initiatives such as this that we can ensure that we are taking the right approach to injury prevention and treatment.”
IRB Chief Medical Officer Dr Martin Raftery said: “This conference is essential for those interested in clinical aspects of sports and exercise medicine, this conference will provide the world’s leading sports medicine experts with an opportunity to present their work to an international audience of physicians, therapists, scientists and coaches."
With more than 120 leaders in their fields lined up as speakers, the conference will present evidence-based information on how to prevent injuries and other health problems in sport with highlights including discussions on concussion, running injuries and how digital and mobile platforms can influence athlete care.
- Friday 31 October 2014 - World Rankings
Moody: NZ never know when they're beaten
- Friday 31 October 2014 - Europe
Netherlands - Belgium in Women's Trophy Final
- Thursday 30 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Portugal - Georgia in Euro Under 19 final
- Wednesday 29 October 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: Pool B profile
- Tuesday 28 October 2014 - Press Releases
Land Rover named as partner for ConfEx 2014
- 01 November - Welsh boys at Racing Metro
- 31 October - Lewis Moody looks ahead to the November internationals
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 28 October - Rugby in Hawaii
- 27 October - Rugby World Cup Memory - France v New Zealand 1999 semi-final
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series