The International Rugby Board is excited to announce a new artificial turf manufacturer to its Preferred Turf Producer scheme. Act Global will join leading turf specialists Edel Grass, FieldTurf Tarkett, Greenfields, Limonta Sport, Polytan|STI and SIS in providing the highest possible player welfare and performance standards for artificial turf in Rugby.
The Preferred Turf Producers adhere to the world governing body’s strict technical, performance and player welfare criteria and Act Global will further enhance the programme’s depth of experience. The company has global manufacturing and sales experience in more than 70 countries, on three continents, and is committed to research, development, testing and the installation of high-quality surfaces.
Over the past six years, 224 artificial pitches have been installed in 29 countries with 65 per cent of these produced and installed by IRB Preferred Turf Producers. This sharp growth in artificial pitches for use in Rugby has also coincided with a rise in the amount of dual use pitches for both Rugby and soccer.
A memorandum of understanding has also been signed between the IRB,
Fédération Internationale de Hockey and FIFA – who initiated the quality turf concept – to ensure the sports are working together in sharing research and development related to artificial turf which is beneficial to all sports.
With the addition of Act Global to the already robust IRB Preferred Turf Producer scheme the way is paved for another year of growth and development in the area of artificial turf for Rugby.
For more information click here.
- Monday 1 September 2014 - South America
Colombia start with big win in South America
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Namibia qualify for Junior World Trophy 2015
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Olympics
Rio 2016 calls for Rugby volunteers
- Friday 29 August 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Ensuring an Impact Beyond WRWC 2014
- Friday 29 August 2014 - South America
Super Week lives up to name in Buenos Aires
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile
- 31 August - Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour - South Africa
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career
- 24 August - (FUN) England's Women talk about what makes them tick