The International Rugby Board is extremely saddened to hear that former IRB Council member Carlos Tozzi has passed away.
A great champion of the Game, former President of the Union Argentina de Rugby and former international referee, Tozzi served as IRB Council member for Argentina from 1991 until 2007. He also sat on the IRB Executive Committee.
More recently, he served as President of the Pan-American Rugby Association, where he championed Rugby Sevens’ inclusion in the Pan-American Games and played a significant role in developing Rugby relations across the Americas.
IRB Chairman Bernard Lapasset led the tributes: “Carlos was a superb ambassador for the Game and his outstanding contribution to Argentine, South American and world Rugby has left a strong legacy of growth and prosperity.”
“On behalf of the IRB and the global Rugby family, I would like to extend my sincere condolences to Carlos’ family and friends at this very sad time.”
- Wednesday 23 July 2014 - Commonwealth Games
Commonwealth Games: Rugby’s all-rounders
- Tuesday 22 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Superbru onboard for #WRWC2014
- Tuesday 22 July 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC Gold: When Stirling cashed in
- Monday 21 July 2014 - Commonwealth Games
Rugby Sevens at the Commonwealth Games
- Monday 21 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Sevens stars put Wallaroos on the attack
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia
- 20 July - New Zealand's John Afoa looks back on his career
- 19 July - Sean Fitzpatrick Tackle These
- 18 July - Australia's women look ahead to the Rugby World Cup
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 16 July - Shane Williams on life in Japan
- 15 July - South Africa women's preparation for the World Cup
- 14 July - Humphrey Kayange takes on 'Tackle These'