The International Rugby Board is extremely saddened to hear that former IRB Council member Carlos Tozzi has passed away.
A great champion of the Game, former President of the Union Argentina de Rugby and former international referee, Tozzi served as IRB Council member for Argentina from 1991 until 2007. He also sat on the IRB Executive Committee.
More recently, he served as President of the Pan-American Rugby Association, where he championed Rugby Sevens’ inclusion in the Pan-American Games and played a significant role in developing Rugby relations across the Americas.
IRB Chairman Bernard Lapasset led the tributes: “Carlos was a superb ambassador for the Game and his outstanding contribution to Argentine, South American and world Rugby has left a strong legacy of growth and prosperity.”
“On behalf of the IRB and the global Rugby family, I would like to extend my sincere condolences to Carlos’ family and friends at this very sad time.”
- Tuesday 23 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Watch Russia v Uruguay LIVE
- Tuesday 23 September 2014 - Press Releases
DHL to handle logistics for IRB ConfEx
- Monday 22 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Conrad Smith: NZ were better in '07
- Monday 22 September 2014 - HSBC Sevens World Series
Aiono returns for Samoa Sevens
- Monday 22 September 2014 -
France Men claim second European Sevens title
- 23 September - World's Largest Scrum
- 23 September - Felipe Contepomi on Anti Doping, the Rugby Championship and RWC 2015
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 10 September - Chris Robshaw on his career so far
- 09 September - Strength and Conditioning, Behind-the-scenes
- 08 September - Kit man, Behind-the-scenes
- 07 September - Injury Prevention, Behind-the-scenes
- 06 September - Club Chef, Behind-the-scenes
- 05 September - Harlequins Head Coach John Kingston, Behind-the-scenes
- 03 September - Gavin Hastings 'Tackle These'