The International Rugby Board is extremely saddened to hear that former IRB Council member Carlos Tozzi has passed away.
A great champion of the Game, former President of the Union Argentina de Rugby and former international referee, Tozzi served as IRB Council member for Argentina from 1991 until 2007. He also sat on the IRB Executive Committee.
More recently, he served as President of the Pan-American Rugby Association, where he championed Rugby Sevens’ inclusion in the Pan-American Games and played a significant role in developing Rugby relations across the Americas.
IRB Chairman Bernard Lapasset led the tributes: “Carlos was a superb ambassador for the Game and his outstanding contribution to Argentine, South American and world Rugby has left a strong legacy of growth and prosperity.”
“On behalf of the IRB and the global Rugby family, I would like to extend my sincere condolences to Carlos’ family and friends at this very sad time.”
- Wednesday 1 October 2014 - HSBC Sevens World Series - Australia
GC7s squads: Pool B (RSA, KEN, WAL, ASA)
- Wednesday 1 October 2014 - Asia
Asian Games set for gold medal rematch?
- Wednesday 1 October 2014 - South America
Rugby aims to reach new heights in Bolivia
- Wednesday 1 October 2014 - Press Releases
IRB announces record investment programme
- Tuesday 30 September 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015: General ticket sales update
- 01 October - Avan Lee, IRB General Manager for sevens on the upcoming Sevens World Series
- 01 October - Andrea Masi profile
- 30 September - Richard Hill on the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final
- 29 September - Russia's Vasily Artemyev on the first leg of their RWC qualifier against Uruguay
- 29 September - Conrad Smith on his career
- 28 September - Jean de Villiers 'Tackle These'
- 27 September - Sam Warburton 'Tackle These'
- 26 September - Uruguay captain Nicholas Klappenbach
- 26 September - (RWC Memory) Jonny Wilkinson 2003 drop-goal
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show