The International Rugby Board is extremely saddened to hear that former IRB Council member Carlos Tozzi has passed away.
A great champion of the Game, former President of the Union Argentina de Rugby and former international referee, Tozzi served as IRB Council member for Argentina from 1991 until 2007. He also sat on the IRB Executive Committee.
More recently, he served as President of the Pan-American Rugby Association, where he championed Rugby Sevens’ inclusion in the Pan-American Games and played a significant role in developing Rugby relations across the Americas.
IRB Chairman Bernard Lapasset led the tributes: “Carlos was a superb ambassador for the Game and his outstanding contribution to Argentine, South American and world Rugby has left a strong legacy of growth and prosperity.”
“On behalf of the IRB and the global Rugby family, I would like to extend my sincere condolences to Carlos’ family and friends at this very sad time.”
- Tuesday 21 October 2014 - Europe
The power of rugby to break down borders
- Monday 20 October 2014 - RWC 2015
All Blacks improve rankings total
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Press Releases
Olympic Sevens panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Americas
Jaguars sign off in style at ARC
- Saturday 18 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Los Teros begin countdown to Cardiff
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015