The International Rugby Board is extremely saddened to hear that former IRB Council member Carlos Tozzi has passed away.
A great champion of the Game, former President of the Union Argentina de Rugby and former international referee, Tozzi served as IRB Council member for Argentina from 1991 until 2007. He also sat on the IRB Executive Committee.
More recently, he served as President of the Pan-American Rugby Association, where he championed Rugby Sevens’ inclusion in the Pan-American Games and played a significant role in developing Rugby relations across the Americas.
IRB Chairman Bernard Lapasset led the tributes: “Carlos was a superb ambassador for the Game and his outstanding contribution to Argentine, South American and world Rugby has left a strong legacy of growth and prosperity.”
“On behalf of the IRB and the global Rugby family, I would like to extend my sincere condolences to Carlos’ family and friends at this very sad time.”
- Thursday 31 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Total Rugby: Women's Rugby World Cup special!
- Thursday 31 July 2014 - IRB Women's Sevens Series
Host cities announced for women's series
- Thursday 31 July 2014 -
Opening day of Women's RWC almost sold out
- Thursday 31 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Uruguay host Hong Kong in World Cup showdown
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Krasnoyarsk, the heartbeat of Russian rugby
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 30 July - South Africa's Warren Whiteley on winning Gold in Glasgow
- 30 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on the extraordinary 1995 World Cup
- 29 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on his early obsession with rugby
- 28 July - Hong Kong's Dai Rees and first, Zimbabwe's Liam Middleton on the repechage
- 28 July - Pablo Lemoine on future of rugby in Uruguay
- 25 July - Barbados prepare for Commonwealth Games in Sutton Coldfield
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia