The International Rugby Board has today announced that the second IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition (IRB World Rugby ConfEx) will take place on November 17 and 18 2014 in London.
The event will once again provide a unique environment for the global Rugby community to share knowledge, network and develop relationships. It will feature the IRB Medical Commission Conference, insightful plenary sessions, workshops and an exhibition, as well as providing an important opportunity to network with leading figures and decision-makers from across Rugby and the wider world of sport.
International Rugby Board Chairman Bernard Lapasset said: “We are incredibly excited about building on the success of last year’s inaugural IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition at such an important time in Rugby’s development.”
“With participation growing around the world at record levels, Rugby Sevens inclusion in the Olympic Programme and less than a year to go before Rugby World Cup 2015 kicks off, this will be a crucial international gathering and a fantastic opportunity to share knowledge, network and build relationships. I look forward to welcoming the Rugby family and wider sporting community for what I am sure will be one of the highlights of the international Rugby calendar.”
The inaugural IRB World Rugby ConfEx took place in Dublin last year. Built around the IRB General Assembly and IRB Medical Commission Conference, it was attended by more than 600 delegates and 30 exhibitors, representing 120 countries. During the event there were sessions on Optimising Olympic Participation, Sport and the Digital Environment and Growing Participation.
Speakers included Patrick Hickey (President of the European Olympic Committees), George Gregan (former Australia captain), Agustin Pichot (IRB Council Member for Argentina), Mike Chu (Rugby Canada), Tomos Grace (Development Manager at YouTube) and British Olympic Association Chairman, Lord Seb Coe.
Further announcements regarding the Conference programme and event venue will be made in due course.
IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition 2013 highlights
- Friday 24 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Leeds set for clash of continents
- Friday 24 October 2014 -
Australia Sevens stars land top awards
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Euro hosts Portugal prepare for JWRT 2015
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Awards
Ray Williams wins prestigious IRB Award
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Record demand for RWC 2015 tickets
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership