The International Rugby Board has today confirmed Hilton London Metropole as the venue for the World Rugby ConfEx 2014.
The event will take place on November 17-18 and will provide a unique environment for the global Rugby community to share knowledge, network and develop relationships. It will feature speeches, workshops and exhibitions on a host of key themes, including Rugby development and increasing fan engagement.
The conference will also provide invaluable networking opportunities with leading figures and decision-makers from across Rugby and other major sports.
A new, improved World Rugby ConfEx 2014 website www.irb.com/confex has also been launched that will allow users to keep up to date with breaking news and announcements relating to the event. The website will feature content from last year’s conference giving users an insight into what they can expect come November. A new app will also be launched prior to the ConfEx incorporating a networking tool alongside other new features.
IRB Chairman Bernard Lapasset said: “We are delighted to announce a great venue for the 2014 edition of the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition and we are excited about the launch of the new website. Our aim is to build on the success of last year’s inaugural event at what is an important time in Rugby’s development. Participation is growing around the world, Rugby Sevens is set to make its debut at the Olympic Games and there will be less than a year to go before Rugby World Cup 2015 kicks off.
“I look forward to welcoming the Rugby family and wider sporting community for what will be a crucial international gathering and a fantastic opportunity to share knowledge, network and build relationships.”
The inaugural IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition took place in Dublin last year and, due to demand, has been switched to London for the 2014 edition. Built around the IRB General Assembly and IRB Medical Commission Conference last year it was attended by more than 600 delegates and 30 exhibitors, representing 120 countries.
2013 speakers included Patrick Hickey (President of the European Olympic Committees), George Gregan (former Australia captain), Agustin Pichot (IRB Council Member for Argentina), Mike Chu (Rugby Canada),Tomos Grace from YouTube and British Olympic Association Chairman and former Olympic champion Sebastian Coe.
- Wednesday 17 September 2014 - RWC 2015
RWC 2015 Launch-pad!
- Tuesday 16 September 2014 - Europe
Belgium's rugby family continues to grow
- Tuesday 16 September 2014 - HSBC Sevens World Series - Australia
Pools drawn for Gold Coast Sevens
- Monday 15 September 2014 - RWC 2015
A World Rankings perspective on RWC 2015
- Saturday 13 September 2014 - Women's Sevens World Series
Fiji, China, France and SA qualify for Series
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 10 September - Chris Robshaw on his career so far
- 09 September - Strength and Conditioning, Behind-the-scenes
- 08 September - Kit man, Behind-the-scenes
- 07 September - Injury Prevention, Behind-the-scenes
- 06 September - Club Chef, Behind-the-scenes
- 05 September - Harlequins Head Coach John Kingston, Behind-the-scenes
- 03 September - Gavin Hastings 'Tackle These'
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile