The International Rugby Board has announced a strong line-up for the “Rugby World Cup – Past and Future” panel to mark 100 days to go to the World Rugby ConfEx 2014.
Chief Executive of England Rugby 2015 Debbie Jevans and New Zealand Rugby CEO Steve Tew will feature in the panel alongside Head of Rugby World Cup Limited Alan Gilpin, Secretary General of Japan 2019, Akira Shimazu and RFU Chairman, Bill Beaumont.
With what promises to be a record-breaking tournament, Rugby World Cup 2015 is set to engage and inspire sports and major event fans around the world. With Japan Rugby 2019 preparing to be the first Asian host, the panel will discuss the importance of planning, innovation, delivery and IMPACT (legacy) on past and future Rugby World Cups.
The announcement marks 100 days to go to the event, which is taking place at the Hilton London Metropole on November 17-18. In its second year, World Rugby ConfEx will once again bring together leading figures and decision-makers from across Rugby and the wider sporting community, providing a unique environment for those involved to share knowledge and foster relationships.
IRB Chairman Bernard Lapasset said: “We are thrilled to be able to announce such a strong line-up for the first confirmed panel at the World Rugby ConfEx 2014. Our aim is to build on the success of last year’s inaugural event by delivering a truly world-class conference on the issues that really matter to the rugby family and wider sporting community. We look forward to being able to reveal further panellists soon.”
“Tournaments like Rugby World Cup and Women’s Rugby World Cup, which is currently enjoying record-breaking exposure in France, are part of what makes the sport special and places it firmly on the international stage. World Rugby ConfEx 2014 seeks to draw on the experiences of those involved right at the heart of these big events, while also providing a fantastic opportunity for people to gather, share knowledge, network and build relationships in a unique global environment.”
For more information about the IRB World Rugby Conference and Exhibition, visit www.irb.com/confex
- Friday 24 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Leeds set for clash of continents
- Friday 24 October 2014 -
Australia Sevens stars land top awards
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Euro hosts Portugal prepare for JWRT 2015
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Awards
Ray Williams wins prestigious IRB Award
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Record demand for RWC 2015 tickets
- 26 October - Parisian Rugby
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'