Players will no longer be required to wait until the player throwing in has released the ball before they grip a player who will jump to catch the ball.
|More information (download, PDF format)|
|EN - ELV 9|
Law 19.9 OPTIONS AVAILABLE AT A LINEOUT
(e) Pre-gripping is permitted. Players who are going to lift or support a team-mate jumping for the ball may pre-grip that team-mate providing they do not pre-grip below the shorts from behind and below the thighs from the front.
Penalty: Free Kick on the 15-metre line
- Saturday 25 May 2013 - Pacific Nations Cup
Tonga make winning start to PNC 2013
- Friday 24 May 2013 - Pacific Nations Cup
Onozawa set to equal record in PNC opener
- Thursday 23 May 2013 - Total Rugby Radio
Listen to Total Rugby Radio
- Thursday 23 May 2013 - Press Releases
Lapasset unveils manifesto for presidency bid
- Thursday 23 May 2013 - RWC 2015
A dash of rugby history along Wembley way