As a result of the introduction of the 5 metre offside line at the scrum, there is a need to establish the offside lines which apply to a scrum half.
The non-ball-winning scrum half can follow the ball. The scrum half must stay behind the ball which is the offside line.
The non-ball-winning scrum half may also move to the offside line at the hindmost foot of the scrum but must not move away from the scrum and must not overstep that offside line. The non-ball-winning scrum half can move between the positions a and b.
The non-ball-winning scrum half may decide to move to or beyond the offside line 5 metres behind the hindmost foot of that player’s team, but once there, must remain behind the offside line until the scrum is over.
|More information (download, PDF format)|
|EN - ELV 12|
Law 20.12 OFFSIDE AT THE SCRUM
(d) The scrum half whose team does not win possession of the ball must not move to the opposite side of the scrum and overstep the offside line. For that scrum half that runs through the hindmost foot of that player’s team in the scrum.
Penalty: Penalty Kick
(e) The scrum half whose team does not win possession of the ball must not move away from the scrum and then remain in front of the offside line. For that scrum half that runs through the hindmost foot of that player’s team in the scrum.
Penalty: Penalty Kick
- Tuesday 23 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Watch Russia v Uruguay LIVE
- Tuesday 23 September 2014 - Press Releases
DHL to handle logistics for IRB ConfEx
- Monday 22 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Conrad Smith: NZ were better in '07
- Monday 22 September 2014 - HSBC Sevens World Series
Aiono returns for Samoa Sevens
- Monday 22 September 2014 -
France Men claim second European Sevens title
- 23 September - World's Largest Scrum
- 23 September - Felipe Contepomi on Anti Doping, the Rugby Championship and RWC 2015
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 10 September - Chris Robshaw on his career so far
- 09 September - Strength and Conditioning, Behind-the-scenes
- 08 September - Kit man, Behind-the-scenes
- 07 September - Injury Prevention, Behind-the-scenes
- 06 September - Club Chef, Behind-the-scenes
- 05 September - Harlequins Head Coach John Kingston, Behind-the-scenes
- 03 September - Gavin Hastings 'Tackle These'