USA will play Australia in the final of the 2010 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships after winning their respective semi finals against Japan and Sweden.
The Americans beat Japan 62-51, while Australia beat Sweden 56-38.
As defending champions, the USA will start as favourites, although Australia handed them their first defeat in two years this June in a test series in Alabama.
"We've got one game left and it's one of the games we've focused on since the very beginning," said American athlete Derrick Helton.
"We'll just stick with the game plan we have been working with for the last six months to a year."
Australian Head Coach Brad Dubberley said that his team is also prepared: "We're here to win and I'm really confident that we can close this deal," he said.
Japan and Sweden will compete in the bronze medal game, the first time in the sport's history that either nation has been in a medal game at a major international tournament and fans can expect some speedy, hard-hitting wheelchair rugby action.
A First for Japan
Earlier, the USA had led the way to the medal matches in Vancouver by beating the hosts 49-48 in the tightest of games and remain unbeaten after round-robin wins against Germany, Great Britain, Finland, Sweden and the Canadians.
It was Japan's first semi final in a World Championship, having recently taken bronze at the Canada Cup in Montreal.
- The RFU »
- Welsh R.U. »
- Scottish R.U. »
- Australian R.U. »
- New Zealand R.F.U. »
- Japan Rugby Football Union »
- Rugby Canada »
- United States of America Rugby Football Union »
- Union Argentina de Rugby »
- Deutscher Rugby Verband »
- Svenska Rugby Forbundet »
- Polish R.U. »
- Fédération Belge de Rugby »
- Suomen Rugby - Litto »
- Friday 13 December 2013 - HSBC Sevens World Series - South Africa
Sevens Mandela Day a memorable tribute
- Thursday 12 December 2013 - HSBC Sevens World Series - USA
IRB confirms pools and matches for USA Sevens
- Thursday 12 December 2013 - Total Rugby Radio
Total Rugby Radio - Listen now!
- Thursday 12 December 2013 - Press Releases
- Thursday 12 December 2013 - RWC 2015
London shoppers in for RWC Christmas treat