The African Leopards defeated a French Under 20 team 17-12 in a friendly match played at the Metz Saint Symphorien Stadium on Wednesday.
The Leopards are an invitational side comprising players from across the continent. The side was formed in 2005 and has since played against South Africa Students and the British Army, whom they defeated 20-12 last year.
Former world champion Springbok Brendan Venter and Frenchman Claude Saurel coached the side in 2006, and this year Tunisia coach Muhammed Sahraoui has taken up the reigns to good effect.
The side operates in English and French, language one of many challenges with 36 nations coming together under one banner.
Squad: Jacques Leitao, Cleopas Makotose (Zimbabwe), Nyondo George Armitage (Zambia),Joudoul Youssef, Boutataty Abdellatif, Abachri Abdelkafi, Dermouni Mohammed (Morocco), Jonathan Charles Francke, Wigan Marvin Pekeur, Steph Roberts (South Africa), Guerraoui Ali (Algeria), Derrick Wamalwa, Dan Weku (Kenya), Robert Sseguya, Allan Musoke (Uganda), Sargos Steeve, Koita Magname, Magassa Moussa (Senegal), Bobou Edgar, Meite Bakary (Cote d’Ivoire), Souguir Mouhamed Yosri (Tunisia) and Tchougong Arnold (Cameroon).
Officials: Said Zniber (Team Manager, Morocco), Muhammed Sahraoui (Coach, Tunisia), Abdelaziz Bougja (CAR President Chief De Mission) and Paul Sigombe (CAR Vice President, Coordinator)
- Federation Tunisienne de Rugby »
- South Africa Rugby Union »
- Botswana R.U. »
- Fédération Ivoirienne de Rugby »
- Kenya Rugby Football Union »
- Fédération Royale Marocaine de Rugby »
- Namibia RU »
- Nigeria Rugby Football Federation »
- Fédération Sénégalaise de Rugby »
- Swaziland R.U. »
- Uganda R.F.U. »
- Ghana Rugby Union »
- Rugby Union Mauritius »
- Fédération Rwandaise de Rugby »
- Tanzania Rugby Union »
- Fédération Malienne de Rugby »
- Fédération Mauritanienne de Rugby »
- Monday 1 September 2014 - South America
Colombia start with big win in South America
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Namibia qualify for Junior World Trophy 2015
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Olympics
Rio 2016 calls for Rugby volunteers
- Friday 29 August 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Ensuring an Impact Beyond WRWC 2014
- Friday 29 August 2014 - South America
Super Week lives up to name in Buenos Aires
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile
- 31 August - Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour - South Africa
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career
- 24 August - (FUN) England's Women talk about what makes them tick