The African Leopards defeated a French Under 20 team 17-12 in a friendly match played at the Metz Saint Symphorien Stadium on Wednesday.
The Leopards are an invitational side comprising players from across the continent. The side was formed in 2005 and has since played against South Africa Students and the British Army, whom they defeated 20-12 last year.
Former world champion Springbok Brendan Venter and Frenchman Claude Saurel coached the side in 2006, and this year Tunisia coach Muhammed Sahraoui has taken up the reigns to good effect.
The side operates in English and French, language one of many challenges with 36 nations coming together under one banner.
Squad: Jacques Leitao, Cleopas Makotose (Zimbabwe), Nyondo George Armitage (Zambia),Joudoul Youssef, Boutataty Abdellatif, Abachri Abdelkafi, Dermouni Mohammed (Morocco), Jonathan Charles Francke, Wigan Marvin Pekeur, Steph Roberts (South Africa), Guerraoui Ali (Algeria), Derrick Wamalwa, Dan Weku (Kenya), Robert Sseguya, Allan Musoke (Uganda), Sargos Steeve, Koita Magname, Magassa Moussa (Senegal), Bobou Edgar, Meite Bakary (Cote d’Ivoire), Souguir Mouhamed Yosri (Tunisia) and Tchougong Arnold (Cameroon).
Officials: Said Zniber (Team Manager, Morocco), Muhammed Sahraoui (Coach, Tunisia), Abdelaziz Bougja (CAR President Chief De Mission) and Paul Sigombe (CAR Vice President, Coordinator)
- Federation Tunisienne de Rugby »
- South Africa Rugby Union »
- Botswana R.U. »
- Fédération Ivoirienne de Rugby »
- Kenya Rugby Football Union »
- Fédération Royale Marocaine de Rugby »
- Namibia RU »
- Nigeria Rugby Football Federation »
- Fédération Sénégalaise de Rugby »
- Swaziland R.U. »
- Uganda R.F.U. »
- Ghana Rugby Union »
- Rugby Union Mauritius »
- Fédération Rwandaise de Rugby »
- Tanzania Rugby Union »
- Fédération Malienne de Rugby »
- Fédération Mauritanienne de Rugby »
- Monday 20 October 2014 - RWC 2015
All Blacks improve rankings score
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Press Releases
Olympic Sevens panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Americas
Jaguars sign off in style at ARC
- Saturday 18 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Los Teros begin countdown to Cardiff
- Friday 17 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Try Outs touch down in Leeds
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015
- 13 October - Head of Rugby World Cup, Alan Gilpin on Uruguay qualifying for England 2015