The African Leopards defeated a French Under 20 team 17-12 in a friendly match played at the Metz Saint Symphorien Stadium on Wednesday.
The Leopards are an invitational side comprising players from across the continent. The side was formed in 2005 and has since played against South Africa Students and the British Army, whom they defeated 20-12 last year.
Former world champion Springbok Brendan Venter and Frenchman Claude Saurel coached the side in 2006, and this year Tunisia coach Muhammed Sahraoui has taken up the reigns to good effect.
The side operates in English and French, language one of many challenges with 36 nations coming together under one banner.
Squad: Jacques Leitao, Cleopas Makotose (Zimbabwe), Nyondo George Armitage (Zambia),Joudoul Youssef, Boutataty Abdellatif, Abachri Abdelkafi, Dermouni Mohammed (Morocco), Jonathan Charles Francke, Wigan Marvin Pekeur, Steph Roberts (South Africa), Guerraoui Ali (Algeria), Derrick Wamalwa, Dan Weku (Kenya), Robert Sseguya, Allan Musoke (Uganda), Sargos Steeve, Koita Magname, Magassa Moussa (Senegal), Bobou Edgar, Meite Bakary (Cote d’Ivoire), Souguir Mouhamed Yosri (Tunisia) and Tchougong Arnold (Cameroon).
Officials: Said Zniber (Team Manager, Morocco), Muhammed Sahraoui (Coach, Tunisia), Abdelaziz Bougja (CAR President Chief De Mission) and Paul Sigombe (CAR Vice President, Coordinator)
- Federation Tunisienne de Rugby »
- South Africa Rugby Union »
- Botswana R.U. »
- Fédération Ivoirienne de Rugby »
- Kenya Rugby Football Union »
- Fédération Royale Marocaine de Rugby »
- Namibia RU »
- Nigeria Rugby Football Federation »
- Fédération Sénégalaise de Rugby »
- Swaziland R.U. »
- Uganda R.F.U. »
- Ghana Rugby Union »
- Rugby Union Mauritius »
- Fédération Rwandaise de Rugby »
- Tanzania Rugby Union »
- Fédération Malienne de Rugby »
- Fédération Mauritanienne de Rugby »
- Friday 24 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Leeds set for clash of continents
- Friday 24 October 2014 -
Australia Sevens stars land top awards
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Euro hosts Portugal prepare for JWRT 2015
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Awards
Ray Williams wins prestigious IRB Award
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Record demand for RWC 2015 tickets
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A