Kenya line up against Morocco on Saturday in the final of Africa’s CAR Northern Trophy after respective mid-week semi final victories against Senegal and Cameroon.
Gray Cullen scored two tries on debut for Kenya as they defeated the Senegalese 22-7, while Morocco were made to work harder by a physical Cameroon side before eventually winning 12-0 on home soil.
Cameroon now take on Senegal for third place in the competition.
Togo hosts CAR development tournament
Elsewhere in Africa, seven of the continent’s smaller rugby nations are in Lomé, the capital city of Togo, contesting the CAR Development Trophy.
The hosts line up in Pool A and face matches against Niger, Mali and Benin, while in Pool B Burkina Faso face Ghana, Nigeria and a Togo second string, following the late withdrawal of Chad.
Last year Niger beat Burkina Faso 16-3 in the final to win the tournament in Accra, Ghana and the initiative has grown this year from a six-team to an eight-team event with Nigeria and Benin joining.
"This tournament is a crucial part of African rugby’s development," said IRB Regional Development Manager for Africa, Jean-Luc Barthes.
"Through more regular competition, these countries are growing their rugby effectively and can one day hope to challenge the likes of Kenya, Uganda and Madagascar in the next tier of competition in Africa.
"Last year both the organisation and standard of play reached impressive levels and this year we hope for the same."
10 July 2009 – Pool A
Niger v Benin
Togo v Mali
11 July 2009 - Pool B
Burkina Faso v Nigeria
Ghana v Togo II
12 July 2009 - Pool A
Niger v Mali
Togo v Benin
13 July 2009 - Pool B
Burkina Faso v Togo II
Ghana v Nigeria
14 July 2009 - Pool A
Niger v Togo
Mali v Benin
15 July 2009 - Pool B
Burkina Faso v Ghana
Togo II v Nigeria
18 July 2009
- Tuesday 21 October 2014 - Europe
The power of rugby to break down borders
- Monday 20 October 2014 - RWC 2015
All Blacks improve rankings total
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Press Releases
Olympic Sevens panel announced for #IRBConfEx
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Americas
Jaguars sign off in style at ARC
- Saturday 18 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Los Teros begin countdown to Cardiff
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015