Kenya line up against Morocco on Saturday in the final of Africa’s CAR Northern Trophy after respective mid-week semi final victories against Senegal and Cameroon.
Gray Cullen scored two tries on debut for Kenya as they defeated the Senegalese 22-7, while Morocco were made to work harder by a physical Cameroon side before eventually winning 12-0 on home soil.
Cameroon now take on Senegal for third place in the competition.
Togo hosts CAR development tournament
Elsewhere in Africa, seven of the continent’s smaller rugby nations are in Lomé, the capital city of Togo, contesting the CAR Development Trophy.
The hosts line up in Pool A and face matches against Niger, Mali and Benin, while in Pool B Burkina Faso face Ghana, Nigeria and a Togo second string, following the late withdrawal of Chad.
Last year Niger beat Burkina Faso 16-3 in the final to win the tournament in Accra, Ghana and the initiative has grown this year from a six-team to an eight-team event with Nigeria and Benin joining.
"This tournament is a crucial part of African rugby’s development," said IRB Regional Development Manager for Africa, Jean-Luc Barthes.
"Through more regular competition, these countries are growing their rugby effectively and can one day hope to challenge the likes of Kenya, Uganda and Madagascar in the next tier of competition in Africa.
"Last year both the organisation and standard of play reached impressive levels and this year we hope for the same."
10 July 2009 – Pool A
Niger v Benin
Togo v Mali
11 July 2009 - Pool B
Burkina Faso v Nigeria
Ghana v Togo II
12 July 2009 - Pool A
Niger v Mali
Togo v Benin
13 July 2009 - Pool B
Burkina Faso v Togo II
Ghana v Nigeria
14 July 2009 - Pool A
Niger v Togo
Mali v Benin
15 July 2009 - Pool B
Burkina Faso v Ghana
Togo II v Nigeria
18 July 2009
- Friday 29 August 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Ensuring an Impact Beyond WRWC 2014
- Friday 29 August 2014 - South America
Super Week lives up to name in Buenos Aires
- Thursday 28 August 2014 - Press Releases
IRB to change name to World Rugby
- Wednesday 27 August 2014 - RWC 2015
Birmingham ready to welcome the world
- Tuesday 26 August 2014 - RWC 2015
South Africa reunited with Webb Ellis Cup
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career
- 24 August - (FUN) England's Women talk about what makes them tick
- 23 August - Rugby World Cup volunteers feature
- 22 August - A round-up of the action at the Youth Olympic Games in China
- 22 August - A report looking back on the Women's Rugby World Cup