Morocco have won the Northern pool of the opening round of CAR's Africa Cup in Tunis, beating fierce rivals Tunisia 29-6 in the final.
The Moroccans enjoyed an earlier 60-0 victory against Ivory
Coast, while Tunisia won through with a far tighter 12-11 win
In winning their pool the Moroccans have booked their place at the Africa Cup finals tournament in November 2010.
The pool winners and the best runner-up from across the three pools will go on to participate at the continent's grand final.
Pools B and C will be contested in Windhoek, Namibia and Bulawayo, Zimbabwe respectively.
In Pool B, Namibia, Kenya, Cameroon and Uganda will face off, while in Bulawayo hosts Zimbabwe will clash with Madagascar, Botswana and Zambia.
The dates of the remaining pool matches and the dates and venue of the final tournament are yet to be confirmed.
Kenya and Uganda have both enjoyed opening victories against Zimbabwe in the Victoria Cup, currently being contested between the three countries.
Kenya opened up with an 11-10 win on home soil at the RFUEA Grounds in Nairobi on 12 June and at the weekend the Cranes also proved too strong for the Cheetahs on home soil, winning 24-15 in Kampala with tries from centres Michael Wokorach and Timothy Mudoola as well as prop Brian Odong.
The next two matches in the tournament will be between Uganda and Kenya on 3 and 10 July.
"I think we committed a number of mistakes which we must rectify but I am pleased that we got good preparation for the game against Kenya," Ham Onsando told Uganda's Daily Monitor.
Zimbabwe will then host both nations in the final two games on 17 and 24 July.
"The teams that have beaten us have done so due to their home advantage but our turn will come in Harare," said Zimbabwe coach Brendon Dawson.
CAR South Trophy
In the CAR South Zone Trophy Kenya A took the spoils with wins against Mauritius and Uganda A.
The Ugandans beat Tanzania, who themselves finished with a win in the pool's final match at the weekend against Mauritius.
- Federation Tunisienne de Rugby »
- Zimbabwe R.U. »
- Botswana R.U. »
- Fédération Ivoirienne de Rugby »
- Kenya Rugby Football Union »
- Fédération Royale Marocaine de Rugby »
- Namibia RU »
- Fédération Sénégalaise de Rugby »
- Uganda R.F.U. »
- Rugby Union Mauritius »
- Tanzania Rugby Union »
- Fédération Mauritanienne de Rugby »
- Friday 24 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Leeds set for clash of continents
- Friday 24 October 2014 -
Australia Sevens stars land top awards
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Euro hosts Portugal prepare for JWRT 2015
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - Awards
Ray Williams wins prestigious IRB Award
- Thursday 23 October 2014 - RWC 2015
Record demand for RWC 2015 tickets
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership