The International Rugby Board has announced that the Argentina Pampas XV will participate in a new-look IRB Pacific Rugby Cup in 2014.
For the first time the tournament will be hosted entirely in Australia and will be organised by the IRB in partnership with the Australian Rugby Union.
The key development tournament,which is funded through the IRB's Strategic Investment Programme, kicks off on February 21 and features Super Rugby franchise development sides from Australia competing against development squads from Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Japan and for the first time Argentina.
The main objective of this tournament, which runs until March 23, is to bridge the gap between domestic and international Rugby for the best locally-based players from the participating Unions. The Pampas XV, Argentina's main development squad formed from the Union's best domestic based players, will complete a strong line-up.
The Pacific Rugby Cup begins with a match in Perth between Force A and the Reds A. Matches will also be held in Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and the Gold Coast with the final to be played on March 23 in Sydney.
"With Rugby World Cup 2015 on the horizon, exposure to this High Performance level of competition is invaluable for the Pacific Island Unions, Japan and Argentina," said IRB Head of Competitions and Performance Mark Egan.
"We are extremely grateful to the ARU for their cooperation and support in hosting the IRB Pacific Rugby Cup which is an important element of the IRB’s overall strategic investment competitions portfolio."
Fiji Warriors are the reigning champions and the only team to have successfully defended the title, having won the Pacific Rugby Cup every year since 2009.
- Tuesday 23 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Watch Russia v Uruguay LIVE
- Tuesday 23 September 2014 - Press Releases
DHL to handle logistics for IRB ConfEx
- Monday 22 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Conrad Smith: NZ were better in '07
- Monday 22 September 2014 - HSBC Sevens World Series
Aiono returns for Samoa Sevens
- Monday 22 September 2014 -
France Men claim second European Sevens title
- 23 September - World's Largest Scrum
- 23 September - Felipe Contepomi on Anti Doping, the Rugby Championship and RWC 2015
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 10 September - Chris Robshaw on his career so far
- 09 September - Strength and Conditioning, Behind-the-scenes
- 08 September - Kit man, Behind-the-scenes
- 07 September - Injury Prevention, Behind-the-scenes
- 06 September - Club Chef, Behind-the-scenes
- 05 September - Harlequins Head Coach John Kingston, Behind-the-scenes
- 03 September - Gavin Hastings 'Tackle These'