Seven years after sending its first batch of rugby kit, SOS IRB Kit Aid made its 100th delivery last weekend, to the African country of Swaziland.
The delivery to Africa was the rugby charity's first outside of Eastern Europe since John Broadfoot set it up to help Romania and neighbouring countries in 2001.
It takes the total value of kit donated by clubs, schools and manufacturers to developing rugby nations to £1.5 million.
Swaziland Rugby Union President Michael Collinson was delighted to receive the kit. He recently set up another rugby charity SKRUM - Swaziland Kids Rugby Mission - and is introducing over 100 school children to rugby each week in Swaziland, while also using the contact time to educate them in HIV/AIDS prevention and social responsibility.
"Tomorrow we are dispensing it to the poorer families and you will not believe their reaction when they see it and realise that it is free.”
"A huge thank you to all at SOS, we cannot believe we have received such kit," said Collinson.
Swaziland Rugby Union President Michael Collinson and Development Coach Mario de Sousa receive SOS IRB Kit Aid's 100th kit delivery.
SOS IRB Kit Aid is already planning its next African delivery to South Africa in October and also hopes to supply kit to Kenya and Uganda before the end of 2008.
For more information on SOS IRB Kit Aid, visit www.sosirbkitaid.org
For more information on SKRUM, visit www.SKRUM.org
- Monday 1 September 2014 - South America
Colombia start with big win in South America
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Namibia qualify for Junior World Trophy 2015
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Olympics
Rio 2016 calls for Rugby volunteers
- Monday 1 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Too Big To Miss
- Friday 29 August 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Ensuring an Impact Beyond WRWC 2014
- 03 September - Gavin Hastings 'Tackle These'
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile
- 31 August - Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour - South Africa
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career