This month’s game, called ‘Drift, cover or blitz touch rugby’ is for players who are proficient at playing 15-a-side rugby and need to practise their attacking skills.
It is excellent for improving visual awareness and learning how to attack different defensive alignments.
The Game of the Month is one of a huge range of exercises on irbcoaching.com, a site designed to help coaches and match officials get their hands on essential and up-to-date information for improving their coaching and officiating.
It is free to join and membership includes access to a wide range of on-line training resources, such as the IRb Passport rugby forum and free monthly newsletters with top advice on improving your coaching and officiating.
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Krasnoyarsk, the heartbeat of Russian rugby
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Captains' excitement as WRWC2014 gets closer
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - HSBC Sevens
Golden Blitzboks turn attention to Series
- Tuesday 29 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Women's Rugby World Cup launched in Paris
- Monday 28 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Sevens stars touch down for Women's World Cup
- 30 July - South Africa's Warren Whiteley on winning Gold in Glasgow
- 30 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on the extraordinary 1995 World Cup
- 29 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on his early obsession with rugby
- 28 July - Hong Kong's Dai Rees and first, Zimbabwe's Liam Middleton on the repechage
- 28 July - Pablo Lemoine on future of rugby in Uruguay
- 25 July - Barbados prepare for Commonwealth Games in Sutton Coldfield
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia