Women's Rugby is enjoying something of a revolution in Kenya with three provinces - Western, Rift Valley and Nairobi - taking the lead in encouraging more young women to play the sport.
Twelve girls' schools in Nairobi alone now actively play rugby and this has resulted in a number of competitions behind held between these schools, many of which have an average of 50 girls in their squad.
The 2010 Nairobi Provincial Rugby Sevens Championships were held at Saint Mary's School on 20 March and for the first time featured a girls' competition, something that is set to be replicated in other tournament schedule moving forward.
It will soon become a requirement for tournament organizers to pay as much attention to the participation of girls as they currently do for the boys, which can only help to continue to positive signs of development.
The Kenya Rugby Union has been working hard to include a girl's rugby competition at this year's Kenya Secondary Schools Sports Association (KSSA) National Sevens to be held in April at Nairobi's Upper Hill School.
In June, the Union, in partnership with Oundle School in the United Kingdom, are also hoping to have several players from Gilgil's Ngoche High school tour Britain for a week.
It is not only in Kenya that Women's Rugby is growing in Africa, with Uganda experiencing a boom after playing at Rugby World Cup Sevens 2009 in Dubai and South Africa preparing for the Women's Rugby World Cup in England later this year.
- Saturday 8 March 2014 - Women's Rugby
Rugby celebrates International Women's Day
- Friday 7 March 2014 - World Rankings
Fourth at stake when RWC 2015 rivals meet
- Friday 7 March 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
World Cup success the dream for Agricole
- Friday 7 March 2014 - Olympics
Rugby Sevens primed for ODESUR Games in Chile
- Friday 7 March 2014 - RWC 2015
England and Wales set for RWC 2015 rehearsal
- 09 March - Ben Gollings and Waisale Serevi on rugby in Brazil
- 08 March - Sandrine Agricole on France women's Six Nations campaign
- 7 March - England v Wales: Rugby World Cup memories and dreams
- 07 March - Andy Robinson looks ahead to the penultimate round of the Six Nations
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show