Women's Rugby is enjoying something of a revolution in Kenya with three provinces - Western, Rift Valley and Nairobi - taking the lead in encouraging more young women to play the sport.
Twelve girls' schools in Nairobi alone now actively play rugby and this has resulted in a number of competitions behind held between these schools, many of which have an average of 50 girls in their squad.
The 2010 Nairobi Provincial Rugby Sevens Championships were held at Saint Mary's School on 20 March and for the first time featured a girls' competition, something that is set to be replicated in other tournament schedule moving forward.
It will soon become a requirement for tournament organizers to pay as much attention to the participation of girls as they currently do for the boys, which can only help to continue to positive signs of development.
The Kenya Rugby Union has been working hard to include a girl's rugby competition at this year's Kenya Secondary Schools Sports Association (KSSA) National Sevens to be held in April at Nairobi's Upper Hill School.
In June, the Union, in partnership with Oundle School in the United Kingdom, are also hoping to have several players from Gilgil's Ngoche High school tour Britain for a week.
It is not only in Kenya that Women's Rugby is growing in Africa, with Uganda experiencing a boom after playing at Rugby World Cup Sevens 2009 in Dubai and South Africa preparing for the Women's Rugby World Cup in England later this year.
- Monday 1 September 2014 - South America
Colombia start with big win in South America
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Junior World Rugby Trophy
Namibia qualify for Junior World Trophy 2015
- Monday 1 September 2014 - Olympics
Rio 2016 calls for Rugby volunteers
- Monday 1 September 2014 - RWC 2015
Too Big To Miss
- Friday 29 August 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Ensuring an Impact Beyond WRWC 2014
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile
- 31 August - Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour - South Africa
- 30 August - Gilbert's new ball for Rugby World Cup 2015
- 29 August - CEO Brett Gosper on the name change from 'IRB' to 'World Rugby'
- 29 August - Feature on Argentina's Manuel Montero
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 25 August - Bhubesi Pride takes rugby to children across Africa
- 25 August - Argentina legend Hugo Porta on his career
- 24 August - (FUN) England's Women talk about what makes them tick