Tunisia took the spoils at the CAR women's Sevens tournament in Thiès, Senegal at the weekend, beating the hosts 5-0 in the final.
In a six-team format, the Tunisians saw off Burkina Faso and Egypt in the pool stages, while the Senegalese won tight games against Cameroon and Morocco.
The two then won through to contest the tightest of finals.
"This was a wonderful advertisement for the strength and growth of both the Sevens Game and women's Rugby in Africa," said IRB Regional Development Manager, Jean-Luc Barthes.
"Last year Tunisia beat Senegal in the final by 50-0 and this year it was so much closer, decided only at the end of the second period of extra time, and amidst such drama.
"In addition, the likes of Morocco have improved a vast amount and will quickly challenge for honours, while Burkina Faso made light of their 2,500 kilometre journey by bus. It was a marvellous weekend of Rugby."
Before the tournament began, two days of seminars brought together delegates from each of the countries, as well as Niger and Nigeria, to discuss strategies and best practice for growing women's rugby in Africa.
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Krasnoyarsk, the heartbeat of Russian rugby
- Wednesday 30 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Captains' excitement as WRWC2014 gets closer
- Tuesday 29 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Women's Rugby World Cup launched in Paris
- Monday 28 July 2014 - Women's RWC 2014
Sevens stars touch down for Women's World Cup
- Monday 28 July 2014 - RWC 2015
Exeter ready to give Westcountry welcome
- 30 July - South Africa's Warren Whiteley on winning Gold in Glasgow
- 30 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on the extraordinary 1995 World Cup
- 29 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on his early obsession with rugby
- 28 July - Hong Kong's Dai Rees and first, Zimbabwe's Liam Middleton on the repechage
- 28 July - Pablo Lemoine on future of rugby in Uruguay
- 25 July - Barbados prepare for Commonwealth Games in Sutton Coldfield
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia