Bulgaria have climbed six places to a new high of 83rd in the IRB World Rankings on the back of a comfortable 36-13 victory over Finland at the St de Myllypuro in Helsinki on Saturday.
The victory also sees Bulgaria move into second place in the European Nations Cup Division 3C standings with 11 points, one fewer than Israel who now have a game in hand. Bulgaria could move into top spot with victory over Luxembourg later this month, given that Israel do not resume their campaign until April.
Bulgaria's victory has improved their rating by 1.17 points to 36.66 and taken them above Monaco, Tahiti, Bahamas, Norway, Jamaica and India in the IRB World Rankings. They now also trail Swaziland in 82nd by only two hundredths.
The defeat leaves Finland at the foot of the IRB World Rankings, although now 4.38 rating points adrift of Luxembourg, the side they ironically face away from home next in the European Nations Cup on 7 November.
The European Nations Cup continues on Saturday when Ukraine host Belgium in Division 2A - which doubles as part of the region's qualifying process for RWC 2011 - while Hungary face Slovenia, Lithuania entertain Andorra and Bosnia & Herzegovina tackle Monaco.
- Monday 31 October 2011 - World Rankings
ENC provides numerous changes in Rankings
- Friday 28 October 2011 - null
How RWC 2011 impacted the IRB World Rankings
- Monday 24 October 2011 - World Rankings
New Zealand stay on top of the world rankings
- Thursday 20 October 2011 - RWC 2011
RWC 2011 winners to top world rankings
|30 September 2013|
|30 September 2013|
- 04 November - Stephen Larkham on the 2003 Rugby World Cup final
- 01 November - Stephen Larkham on Rugby World Cup 1999 and 'that' drop goal
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 30 October - England's Danielle Waterman on Women's Rugby World Cup 2014 Draw
- 30 October - Marie-Alice Yahe's (France) reaction to Women's Rugby World Cup 2014 Draw (in French)