Sweden are the biggest movers in the latest IRB World Rankings with a seven place elevation to 42nd on the back of a 32-13 victory over Croatia in their European Nations Cup Division 2A encounter in Zagreb on Saturday.
The win, the first time the away side has triumphed in the head-to-head series, means Sweden are now the highest ranked of the two nations with Croatia sliding four places to 46th as a result. Trinidad & Tobago, Madagascar and Malta also fall one place with Sweden's climb.
The weekend's other European Nations Cup encounter also resulted in significant rises and falls after Slovenia proved too strong for their visitors to Ljubljana, winning the Division 2B encounter with Serbia 33-3.
Slovenia's comfortable victory means that the two nations swap places in the IRB World Rankings with the winners rising six places to 64th and Serbia taking over their conquerors' previous position of 70th.
The South American B Championship 2010 got underway in Colombia on Sunday with the hosts proving too strong for Costa Rica, running out 61-6 winners to signal their intentions to claim the title on home soil.
However, this match does not count towards the IRB World Rankings as Costa Rica are not yet a Full Member Union of the International Rugby Board and therefore do not have a ranking.
The other match scheduled for the opening day of the South American B Championship in Medellin was Venezuela v Peru, although this encounter has been postponed until Monday at 19:00 local time.
Another match not eligible for the IRB World Rankings took place in Moscow, where the Argentina Jaguars - fresh from winning the Americas Rugby Championship title on home soil - beat Russia 40-20 on Saturday.
- Monday 31 October 2011 - World Rankings
ENC provides numerous changes in Rankings
- Friday 28 October 2011 - null
How RWC 2011 impacted the IRB World Rankings
- Monday 24 October 2011 - World Rankings
New Zealand stay on top of the world rankings
- Thursday 20 October 2011 - RWC 2011
RWC 2011 winners to top world rankings
|30 September 2013|
|30 September 2013|
- 04 November - Stephen Larkham on the 2003 Rugby World Cup final
- 01 November - Stephen Larkham on Rugby World Cup 1999 and 'that' drop goal
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 30 October - England's Danielle Waterman on Women's Rugby World Cup 2014 Draw
- 30 October - Marie-Alice Yahe's (France) reaction to Women's Rugby World Cup 2014 Draw (in French)