Colombia are the biggest climbers in the latest IRB World Rankings after kicking off the South American B Championship in Asunción on Sunday with a 32-14 of Venezuela, a result which lifts them three places to 56th.
Only three places had separated the sides going into the match, but the margin of victory means that has now grown to nine places with Venezuela falling four places to 67th with Denmark, Latvia, China and Andorra the beneficiaries.
Colombia’s climb means that Singapore only rise one place to 57th on the back of their 30-19 victory over Chinese Taipei on home soil. The final match of the Asian Tri Nations 2013 means Singapore are now the higher ranked of the two sides with Chinese Taipei falling three to 59th in defeat.
VIEW THE FULL RANKINGS >>
The gains as a result of matches in The Rugby Championship were minimal with New Zealand gaining less than a tenth through beating Australia 27-16 in Wellington, while South Africa’s narrow 22-17 win over Argentina in Mendoza improves their rating by 0.26 points.
This results in no changes to the positions of the four sides with New Zealand still the number one side in the world, albeit with a cushion now of 4.35, while fourth ranked Australia and Argentina in 10th slip a little further away from the sides above them.
Two matches had absolutely no impact, the first Canada’s 13-11 win over USA in Toronto which secured their place in Pool D at Rugby World Cup 2015 as the Americas 1 qualifier alongside France, Ireland, Italy and the Europe 2 qualifier. Canada remain 14th with the USA Eagles four places lower.
The other match on the opening day of the South American B Championship saw hosts Paraguay overcome Peru 22-0, although with 34 places separating the two teams in the IRB World Rankings the sides remain 38th and 72nd respectively.
- Monday 26 August 2013 - World Rankings
Singapore and Colombia on rise in rankings
- Thursday 22 August 2013 - World Rankings
Australian win the key to rankings change
- Monday 19 August 2013 - World Rankings
Australia slip as Canada rise in rankings
- Thursday 15 August 2013 - World Rankings
Second spot in rankings in Australia's sights
- Australian R.U. »
- New Zealand R.F.U. »
- Rugby Canada »
- United States of America Rugby Football Union »
- Union Argentina de Rugby »
- South Africa Rugby Union »
- Union Colombiana de Rugby »
- Union de Rugby del Paraguay »
- Union Peruana de Rugby »
- Singapore R.U. »
- Chinese Taipei R.F.U. »
- Federación Venezolana de Rugby »
|30 September 2013|
|30 September 2013|
- 04 November - Stephen Larkham on the 2003 Rugby World Cup final
- 01 November - Stephen Larkham on Rugby World Cup 1999 and 'that' drop goal
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 30 October - England's Danielle Waterman on Women's Rugby World Cup 2014 Draw
- 30 October - Marie-Alice Yahe's (France) reaction to Women's Rugby World Cup 2014 Draw (in French)