The USA Eagles have closed slightly the gap to Romania above them in the latest IRB World Rankings after beating Uruguay 32-13 in Atlanta to confirm their place at Rugby World Cup 2015 as the Americas 2 qualifier.
They now sit less than nine tenths below 17th ranked Romania, while Uruguay remain 20th despite the defeat which leaves them needing to negotiate the Repechage to take their place at England 2015 – a process they have fallen at the final hurdle in for the 2007 and 2011 tournaments.
VIEW THE FULL RANKINGS >>
READ MATCH REPORT FROM USA V URUGUAY QUALIFIER >>
There was one other match over the weekend which had an impact on the IRB World Rankings, although just like the RWC 2015 qualifier in Atlanta the European Nations Cup match between Andorra and Serbia did not result in positional changes.
Andorra, ranked 18 places above their visitors, ran out 23-13 winners to increase their cushion over the Cayman Islands to more than three tenths. Serbia remain 80th after the defeat which leaves them bottom of Division 2B and in real danger of being relegated to the next tier.
- Monday 7 April 2014 - World Rankings
Moldova and Netherlands rise in rankings
- Monday 31 March 2014 - World Rankings
USA and Andorra improve rating in rankings
- Monday 24 March 2014 - World Rankings
Uruguay inch closer to Russia in rankings
- Monday 17 March 2014 - World Rankings
Ireland back to fifth in rankings
|20 October 2014|
|20 October 2014|
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review