On this week's Total Rugby TV show, from Wednesday 14 October...
Where can I watch Total Rugby? FIND OUT HERE >>
IOC CONGRESS - COPENHAGEN
On 9 October, a momentous decision for rugby was taken in Copenhagen when members of the International Olympic Committee voted that Rugby Sevens should be included, along with golf, in the 2016 Olympic programme. We were in Copenhagen to get reaction from the entire IRB bid team, including Jonah Lomu, Gus Pichot, Kenya Sevens captain Humphrey Kayange and Wallaroo World Cup winner Cheryl Soon.
HEINEKEN CUP: MIKE CATT
European club rugby's premier event, the Heineken Cup, kicked off at the weekend with Leinster beginning the defence of their title against London Irish in Dublin. To honour the all-Ireland occasion, we joined up with 2003 World Cup winner Mike Catt, currently assistant coach at London Irish. Catt made 75 appearances for England during a 13-year international career and in 2007 became the oldest player to play in the World Cup final, aged 36.
More Heineken Cup action as Stade Francais welcomed Edinburgh to Paris, plus we report on the Air New Zealand Cup match between Southland and Tasman. There are also highlights from the Currie Cup as the semi final line-up is decided.
During Canada's recent Nations Cup match against England, we caught up with Barbara Mervin, who's determined to make the women's game chic and glamorous. Having completed a degree in fashion and design, Mervin saw a gap in the market for female rugby clothing and has recently launched her own brand called "Lolly", named after her childhood nickname.
LISTEN TO THE CURRENT RADIO SHOW >>
- 06 December - John Eales on the end of year IRB Awards
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 03 December - Award Panel Chair John Eales on IRB Player of the Year
- 03 December - John Eales on IRB Coach of the Year
- 03 December - John Eales on IRB Team of the Year
- 03 December - Joe Schmidt on Ireland and coming close to beating the All Blacks
- 02 December - Sevens commentator Scott Hastings looks back on Dubai
- 02 December - Steve Hansen on the All Blacks perfect year
- 30 November - Beatriz Muhlbauer on rugby in the Rio 2016 Olympics and the sevens game in the country
- 29 November - Head of Rugby World Cup Kit McConnell on RWC tickets