On this week's Total Rugby TV show, from Wednesday 18 November...
Where can I watch Total Rugby? FIND OUT HERE >>
TONY O'REILLY AND IRELAND v AUSTRALIA
Total Rugby caught up with former Ireland and Lions wing Tony O'Reilly to look back on his illustrious career. O'Reilly won 29 caps between 1955 and 1970, touring with the Lions in 1955 and 1959. A successful businessman, he remains one of Ireland's richest citizens.
We'll also have highlights of Ireland's match against Australia at Croke Park as the Wallabies hope to complete the second leg of their Grand Slam tour of the UK and Ireland.
On a busy weekend for international rugby, we'll have action from all the other tests in France, Italy, Scotland, Wales and England plus a report on the two Rugby World Cup qualifiers as Namibia face Tunisia and Uruguay host the USA. We'll also have news from the Asian qualifier for next year's Women's Rugby World Cup and highlights of the FIRA 75th anniversary match in Brussels.
IRB MEDICAL CONFERENCE
We joined leading physicians and administrators in London for the inaugural IRB Medical Conference. Amongst the key topics for discussion were strategies in the fight against doping, the physicality of the Game and catastrophic injuries.
We travelled to south west France to delve into the history of French club Brive. Although the club has never won the Top 14 competition, their most recent success came in the late nineties when they reached two successive Heineken Cup finals, beating Leicester Tigers in 1997.
We caught up with former All Black wing Jonah Lomu as he prepares to make his first appearance for French third division side Marseille. The 34-year-old won 63 caps for New Zealand between 1994 and 2002 before his career was cut short by a kidney disease. Now he claims to be in the best condition of his life ahead of his second comeback attempt from the disease that forced him into premature retirement.
LISTEN TO THE CURRENT RADIO SHOW >>
- 17 June - Jamie Roberts 'Tackle These'
- 14 June - Nick Mallett on South Africa v Italy
- 14 June - Nick Mallett on joining the IRB Rugby Committee
- 14 June - Jonny Wilkinson on the Lions
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 13 June - Felipe Contepomi on Keep Rugby Clean
- 12 June - Wyn Gruffydd on the Junior World Championship in France
- 11 June - South American correspondent Frankie Deges looks back on the Junior World Rugby Trophy
- 10 June - Fabien Peolus on the IRB Junior World Championship and France academies
- 08 June - Jan Serfontein on the IRB Junior World Championship