Total Rugby Radio show 253, from 16:00 UK time on Thursday 21 January ...
LISTEN NOW: CURRENT RADIO SHOW >>
- RADIO: Where in the world can I listen to Total Rugby ?
- i-TUNES: Subscribe to the FREE Podcast!
DR JAMES ROBSON
It's one of the most pressing issues confronting the game today - as the players get bigger and stronger, is Rugby getting too physical? Dr James Robson is head of Medical Services for Scottish rugby, was with the Lions in South Africa and is generally acknowledged to be one of the world's leading authorities on rugby injuries. We asked him his views on the current generation.
Listen to Dr James Robson (mp3) >>
Email your views firstname.lastname@example.org
ON THE SPOT: SEAN FITZPATRICK
On New Zealand... As momentum builds towards next year's Rugby World Cup in New Zealand, so does the inevitable pressure on the hosts. Ranked number one at the start of the decade and craving success on the biggest stage, the All Blacks carry with them a heavy burden - one that Fitzpatrick is familiar with.
On the early days… We also travel back to the start of a career that ended with him being, still, the most capped All Black of all time.
BILL MCLAREN - IN MEMORIAM
Bill McLaren, who died this week at the age of 86, was known throughout the world quite simply as the Voice of Rugby. Over half a century he brought pleasure to countless millions who listened to his commentaries. Gavin Hastings and Nigel Starmer-Smith join us to pay tribute.
WOMEN'S RUGBY WORLD CUP: CHERYL SOON
This year England will host the sixth Women's Rugby World Cup and one team hopeful of prising the trophy from three-time winners New Zealand are the Wallaroos of Australia. Winners in 2009 of the first ever women's World title in Sevens, they've come to like the taste of success. We speak with team captain, Cheryl Soon..
THE RUSSIAN DUBLINER
As Russia prepare to take on Namibia in a one-off test, we speak with a flying winger recently added to their armoury. Vasily Artemyev may be Russian by birth but, by a quirk of fate, he comes armed with all the rugby skills Ireland has to offer. Find out why..
- 17 June - Jamie Roberts 'Tackle These'
- 14 June - Nick Mallett on South Africa v Italy
- 14 June - Nick Mallett on joining the IRB Rugby Committee
- 14 June - Jonny Wilkinson on the Lions
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 13 June - Felipe Contepomi on Keep Rugby Clean
- 12 June - Wyn Gruffydd on the Junior World Championship in France
- 11 June - South American correspondent Frankie Deges looks back on the Junior World Rugby Trophy
- 10 June - Fabien Peolus on the IRB Junior World Championship and France academies
- 08 June - Jan Serfontein on the IRB Junior World Championship