Coaches level 1 - Introducing rugby
Duration: 8 hours
Assessment: No assessment; provision of certificate for full attendance Outline:The purpose of this introductory course is to enable coaches to acquire basic skills so that players new to the game learn to play in safe, enjoyable competition.
The course focuses on the following aspects of the game:
- Playing charter and the principles of rugby
- Individual core skills and safety in contact
- Practise and planning
- Risk Management and ethics
- Role of the coach
- Modified rugby game
- Application of pre designed practise sessions
Level 1 Coaching - course content - ENG
Level 1 Coaching - course content - ESP
Level 1 Coaching - course content - FRA
Level 1 Coaching - course content - ITA
Level 1 Coaching - course content - RUS
The 'Play the Game' teaching and coaching resources were developed by Janet Jones Associates for the Dragons Rugby Trust.
The Trust has authorised the International Rugby Board to utilise and adapt the resources to support the development of the game worldwide. Copyright remains the property of the Dragons Rugby Trust but the resources may be reproduced in any format as long as this is not for commercial gain.
For more information on when these courses are available, you should contact your Union.
Contact details can be found by choosing your country from the dropdown list at the top of the right navigation on this page.
Once you have selected your Union's page, click on the 'Union Contacts' tab.
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015