Coaches - Coaching Sevens
Duration: 32 course hours
Assessment: No assessment; provision of certificate for full attendance
Course outline: The purpose of this course is to enable coaches to develop skills to coach the 7 a-side game
The course focuses on the following aspects of the game:
- Principles of 7 a side rugby
- Team profiling
- Performance goals
- Key factor analysis
- Functional role analysis
- Preparation for a tournament
- Team analysis
- Practical application of key factor and functional role analysis
* Coaching Sevens - hand book
* Coaching Sevens - video samples
For more information on when these courses are available, you should contact your Union.
Contact details can be found by choosing your country from the dropdown list at the top of the right navigation on this page.
Once you have selected your Union's page, click on the 'Union Contacts' tab.
- Coaches programmes
- Officials programmes
- Coaches of officials programmes
- Trainers and educators programmes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia
- 20 July - New Zealand's John Afoa looks back on his career
- 19 July - Sean Fitzpatrick Tackle These
- 18 July - Australia's women look ahead to the Rugby World Cup
- 16 July - Shane Williams on life in Japan
- 15 July - South Africa women's preparation for the World Cup
- 14 July - Humphrey Kayange takes on 'Tackle These'