Coaches - Coaching Sevens
Duration: 32 course hours
Assessment: No assessment; provision of certificate for full attendance
Course outline: The purpose of this course is to enable coaches to develop skills to coach the 7 a-side game
The course focuses on the following aspects of the game:
- Principles of 7 a side rugby
- Team profiling
- Performance goals
- Key factor analysis
- Functional role analysis
- Preparation for a tournament
- Team analysis
- Practical application of key factor and functional role analysis
* Coaching Sevens - hand book
* Coaching Sevens - video samples
For more information on when these courses are available, you should contact your Union.
Contact details can be found by choosing your country from the dropdown list at the top of the right navigation on this page.
Once you have selected your Union's page, click on the 'Union Contacts' tab.
- Coaches programmes
- Officials programmes
- Coaches of officials programmes
- Trainers and educators programmes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership
- 13 October - Uruguay's reaction to securing a place in Rugby World Cup Pool A
- 13 October - Russia's reaction to missing out on Rugby World Cup 2015