Coaches - Coaching Sevens
Duration: 32 course hours
Assessment: No assessment; provision of certificate for full attendance
Course outline: The purpose of this course is to enable coaches to develop skills to coach the 7 a-side game
The course focuses on the following aspects of the game:
- Principles of 7 a side rugby
- Team profiling
- Performance goals
- Key factor analysis
- Functional role analysis
- Preparation for a tournament
- Team analysis
- Practical application of key factor and functional role analysis
* Coaching Sevens - hand book
* Coaching Sevens - video samples
For more information on when these courses are available, you should contact your Union.
Contact details can be found by choosing your country from the dropdown list at the top of the right navigation on this page.
Once you have selected your Union's page, click on the 'Union Contacts' tab.
- Coaches programmes
- Officials programmes
- Coaches of officials programmes
- Trainers and educators programmes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 30 September - Richard Hill on the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final
- 29 September - Russia's Vasily Artemyev on the first leg of their RWC qualifier against Uruguay
- 29 September - Conrad Smith on his career
- 28 September - Jean de Villiers 'Tackle These'
- 27 September - Sam Warburton 'Tackle These'
- 26 September - Uruguay captain Nicholas Klappenbach
- 26 September - (RWC Memory) Jonny Wilkinson 2003 drop-goal
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 24 September - Jean de Villiers on life on and off the pitch
- 24 September - Matthew Rees on battling cancer