Coaches of officials programmes
Level 1 - Introduction to the coaching of officials
Prerequisite: L3 Officiating or equivalent
Duration: 1 day
Course outline: Introduces concepts and role of Referee Coaching to enable assistance and guidance to develop the referee.
The course focuses on the following aspects:
- Principles of Rugby
- Individual Core Skills
- Risk management and ethics
- Role of the Referee Coach: Philosophy; Functions; Extended duties
- Observation skills: Match viewing; Identifying problems
- Data collection: Compliance stats; Match stats
- Solutions and coaching for the referee: Assisting the referee; Competencies (concepts and identification); Procedural Tasks
- Solutions and coaching for the touch judge: Assisting the touch judge; Competencies (concepts and identification); Team of Three
- 30 September - Richard Hill on the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final
- 29 September - Russia's Vasily Artemyev on the first leg of their RWC qualifier against Uruguay
- 29 September - Conrad Smith on his career
- 28 September - Jean de Villiers 'Tackle These'
- 27 September - Sam Warburton 'Tackle These'
- 26 September - Uruguay captain Nicholas Klappenbach
- 26 September - (RWC Memory) Jonny Wilkinson 2003 drop-goal
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 24 September - Jean de Villiers on life on and off the pitch
- 24 September - Matthew Rees on battling cancer