Trainers and educators programmes
Prerequisite: Presentation and interpersonal skills; have had some experience of presenting information to groups (eg teaching); be open-minded, adaptable to change, welcomes feedback and willing to self-reflect; adopt an interactive rather than lecturing approach; have a genuine interest in wanting to develop coaches;have appropriate rugby knowledge, skills and experience to be able to deliver specific courses; commitment to deliver an agreed number of coaching courses per year
Duration: 30 hours
Assessment: Ongoing competence based assessment of practical and classroom based Educator sessions. On succesfull completion Educators will receive IRB Trainer license.
Course outline: The purpose of this course is to enable Educators to deleiver IRB Coaching courses.
The course focuses on the following aspects:
- IRB Training process & Educator styles of delivery
- Role of the educator & client population
- Learning, competence & assessment
- Designing and reviewing learning
- Acquaint with IRB Coaching courses
- 25 October - Brazil Sevens in South Africa
- 24 October - England's oldest schools match
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 21 October - Jonny Wilkinson on life after rugby
- 20 October - Australia player Emilee Cherry looks ahead to the start of the Women's Sevens World Series
- 18 October - Cameron Clark on playing for Australia sevens
- 17 October - Sweden's Jennifer Sundqvist on 30 years of Women's rugby in the country
- 17 October - Gold Coast Sevens review
- 15 October - Martin Johnson's 'Tackle These'
- 14 October - Martin Johnson and Chris Robshaw on leadership