Trainers and educators programmes
Prerequisite: Presentation and interpersonal skills; have had some experience of presenting information to groups (eg teaching); be open-minded, adaptable to change, welcomes feedback and willing to self-reflect; adopt an interactive rather than lecturing approach; have a genuine interest in wanting to develop coaches;have appropriate rugby knowledge, skills and experience to be able to deliver specific courses; commitment to deliver an agreed number of coaching courses per year
Duration: 30 hours
Assessment: Ongoing competence based assessment of practical and classroom based Educator sessions. On succesfull completion Educators will receive IRB Trainer license.
Course outline: The purpose of this course is to enable Educators to deleiver IRB Coaching courses.
The course focuses on the following aspects:
- IRB Training process & Educator styles of delivery
- Role of the educator & client population
- Learning, competence & assessment
- Designing and reviewing learning
- Acquaint with IRB Coaching courses
- 30 September - Richard Hill on the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final
- 29 September - Russia's Vasily Artemyev on the first leg of their RWC qualifier against Uruguay
- 29 September - Conrad Smith on his career
- 28 September - Jean de Villiers 'Tackle These'
- 27 September - Sam Warburton 'Tackle These'
- 26 September - Uruguay captain Nicholas Klappenbach
- 26 September - (RWC Memory) Jonny Wilkinson 2003 drop-goal
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 24 September - Jean de Villiers on life on and off the pitch
- 24 September - Matthew Rees on battling cancer